+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

Scotland v Egypt. 1990. Old man took me to the main stand. I started feeling unwell not long in to it, da says "I'm taking him home, he's feeling sick". Auld mannie sitting next to us replies "I'm nae surprised watching this sh*te".

Turns out it was a good call, salmonella food poisoning. Bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Van der Ark screamer in that game?
    Yep

I was in the Merkland & he lined up the shot from a few rows behind me I'd love to see footage of it again but there doesn't seem to be any online

That's the one.

Mine was 2-1 Harper 2, 1 pen v Partick Thistle September 1977.

Someone may be able to correct me. It was pre-season against Spurs either 77 or 78. Picture of Ardilles and Villa on the front of the programme. Canna mid if Spurs signed them in 77 prior to 78 World Cup or after the World Cup. Had been at plenty Dons games away from home before then. First one being in 1974 away to Ayr United.

I'd be lying if I said I could mind specific details of the game, but all I know is it was a high scoring New Year win against St Johnstone.

AFC Heritage tells me we beat them 4-2 on 3rd Jan 1972 with a crowd over 24K

Was in the South Terrace , nae far beneath the old TV gantry.....sat up on a freezin cold crush barrier, leaning against my old man

78-79, I think.
    F’uck sake vintage min impressive stuff - yer like the rainman of historical dons fixtures 😂

Does Kevin stirling get his books sense checked by yersel prior to publication min? 😉👍

On topic - Hearts at hame 1978. Lost 2-1 (should have been an omen). King Joey with a penalty for the good guys.
    Last edited by The_Moog; 15-05-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Does Kevin stirling get his books sense checked by yersel prior to publication min? ����
    May well do. He used to post on here

I was at that game, it must have been at least 40 yards out. Or maybe it is one of those goals that gets further out the longer ago it happened.

October '59...lost to the deid club 5-0! Not an auspicious start (mind you we did hump them 6-1 the next season).

Aberdeen 3:2 Rangers - January 1980. Derek Hamilton (socks roond his ankles) scored the winner.

The under 16 team I played for near Inverness ran a bus to the game. Mainly Huns. The match was great. The journey home even better.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast