+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first Pittodrie game

1977 v Hibs, 1-2 the Hibees. A primary school fae up north organized a bus to the game and although I went to another school, my dad was friends with the headmaster so we hopped on board...they had a stadium tour organized so that was pretty ace for an 8 year old...I can still mind looking up from the pitch in awe at all that standing terracing. We met the manager, big Billy before the game outside the main stand, that had probably been organized in advance as well. He autographed my programme, which I still have. Just a shame we lost!

Aberdeen 4 Valur 0
    29/09/1993

Mainstand, around 1970 1971.
    Joe Harper penalty at the Beachend, to beat Hearts 1-0
    My uncle took me, prior to that never ever heard him swear ever.
    Opened up a whole new exciting world

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Aberdeen 4 Valur 0
    29/09/1993
    That was my first game !!
    Sat in the Merkland with my uncle, thought this game was 94 though??
    Decided to come of age and be a young Dandy just as some of our worst years were about to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    That was my first game !!
    Sat in the Merkland with my uncle, thought this game was 94 though??
    Decided to come of age and be a young Dandy just as some of our worst years were about to happen.

It was the first round of the 93-94 CWC which we qualified for by virtue of losing to the h*ns in the '93 Cup Final. The second round was vs Torino when we went 2-0 up in the first leg and 1-0 up in the second leg from a Richardson screamer. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to that one as my Dad was away and my brother wanted to go with his mates.

94/95 was the infamous (and short) Skonto campaign...

95 was definitely a watershed year. 93/94 retrospectively feels like the residual glow of the glory years.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 15-05-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    It was the first round of the 93-94 CWC which we qualified for by virtue of losing to the h*ns in the '93 Cup Final. The second round was vs Torino when we went 2-0 up in the first leg and 1-0 up in the second leg from a Richardson screamer. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to that one as my Dad was away and my brother wanted to go with his mates.

94/95 was the infamous (and short) Skonto campaign...

95 was definitely a watershed year. 93/94 retrospectively feels like the residual glow of the glory years.
    Same here, I can't remember much about the Valur game, just remember being there as it was my first game.
    Still got the programme from the match. I'm sure I didn't get to the Torino game either. Think I got my first season ticket when I was 9 for the 95/96 season. Oh the worst part of the 90's

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Same here, I can't remember much about the Valur game, just remember being there as it was my first game.
    Still got the programme from the match. I'm sure I didn't get to the Torino game either. Think I got my first season ticket when I was 9 for the 95/96 season. Oh the worst part of the 90's
    Another funny memory from that Euro campaign - I was at the same school as Willie Miller's son. Remember him running around during lunchtime in one of the Torino player's tops the day after the Pittodrie game.

September 9 1968
    4-2 win v Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Cowdenbeath - December 1970. 7-0 victory. King Joey hat-trick and 2 og’s! I was 6.
    I remember that game. 7 going on 10. We went to Parkhead and won top go the next week I think.

Quote Originally Posted by redrowie View Post
    September 9 1968
    4-2 win v Dundee.
    1967 min, I think 3 days after we'd cuffed KR Reykjavik. I was at the front of the Beach End and Dundee fans were throwing tomatas for some reason.

They had an Irishman called Campbell playing on the right wing that looked a bit tasty.

Yet, I canna mind if I've been for a pish or no these days ~feels breeks~ aye, I have.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast