+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Agree with that.
    We are going into a new season under a manager that the majority of the support have no confidence in. (Based on comments in numerous forums).
    Suggests to me that we can’t afford to sack him.
    Although we don’t know what his budget is the players being bandied about also suggests there is no imminent investment from the Americans.
    I did wonder if keeping on a disaster of a manager was money based but...

1. Another season in championship and supporters without hope and not buying tickets

2. Bringing in his old assistant and a cast of others to try and bring him up to an average standard is going to cost.

Ultimately this is just a bad decision as far as I can see.

Unless you buy csaba excuse that it’s all the players fault when the team are badly selected, subject to poor substitutions, unmotivated, disorganised

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Indeed, TTT says we can't afford to take risks, by far the biggest risk is the decision to keep Csaba
    In my opinion keeping with the previous policy of changing managers far too frequently, before they've even had a chance to build anything, would be the biggest risk of all.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    In my opinion keeping with the previous policy of changing managers far too frequently, before they've even had a chance to build anything, would be the biggest risk of all.
    "Come work at Dundee United. We'll only give you a couple of months to build your long term project."

We will turn many managers off. We are seen as a basket case club and the rate of change is part of why.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    "Come work at Dundee United. We'll only give you a couple of months to build your long term project."

We will turn many managers off. We are seen as a basket case club and the rate of change is part of why.
    Agreed,Sunderland have just done that with Jack Ross but there is a difference he now has a proven record of saving a team from relegation one season then promoting them the next.Our current manager was brought in to get us promoted and failed by 13 points,worse than that he couldna even finish above Livingston a complete joke of a club with less supporters than an Ayrshire junior club,FACT.
    Its only my opinion but bookmark this,there is no way a manager who finished below Livi will finish above Ross County,Partick or ICT next season,we are wasting another year.

The biggest basket case sadly is the manager.

He’s proved to be a hopeless manager in every respect

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Agreed,Sunderland have just done that with Jack Ross but there is a difference he now has a proven record of saving a team from relegation one season then promoting them the next.Our current manager was brought in to get us promoted and failed by 13 points,worse than that he couldna even finish above Livingston a complete joke of a club with less supporters than an Ayrshire junior club,FACT.
    Its only my opinion but bookmark this,there is no way a manager who finished below Livi will finish above Ross County,Partick or ICT next season,we are wasting another year.
    Time will tell.

I optimistically disagree with your prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    The biggest basket case sadly is the manager.

He’s proved to be a hopeless manager in every respect
    In your opinion.

In your opinion

Close to signing 34 year old keeper milos volesak according to reports.

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Close to signing 34 year old keeper milos volesak according to reports.
    Had some decent eastern European keepers recently anyway. Fingers crossed

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)