Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Fraser AIrd just signed apparently

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Fraser AIrd just signed apparently
    Oh FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Oh FFS
    Actually that’s very harsh since I only seen him play against us. Not a exciting signing but given our position I don’t see us making many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Actually that’s very harsh since I only seen him play against us. Not a exciting signing but given our position I don’t see us making many of them.
    I thought he was easily Dunfermline's best player against us in the Play-Offs and will be a very decent acquisition to the squad. Looks like a winger who is happy to take players on and get to the bye-line which is what most fans have been crying out for. Definitely a step in the right direction for me with the way the new squad will need to take shape.

Just to add I really hope we do not sign Mikkleson on a new deal, terrible player to lead the line in my humble opinion.

ive came to the conclusion nowadays when im not happy with us signing boys that normally means theyll turn out not too bad.
    last year i thought scobbie, quinn, mcdonald and king were decent signings but turned out not as good as we expected while the signings i wasnt impressed by Moshni, gilliespie and mcmullan done better than i expected haha

but yeah aird looked decent at times but lets just hope he doesnt become another king.

Forever the pessimist but how good a winger can he be if he couldnae tear our fullbacks a new one? And I dinnae remember him doing so?

Is that the boy that was Sevco’s only decent player when we pumped them oot the cup, again, at the neutral venue ?

If so hope he can show the form he did that day. Fairly positive about this one actually.

Fyvie signs new deal

2 years , also moddeling new strip

Great news about Fyvie. Thought Aird played well in the playoff games, gave Ralston a tough time

Excellent news about Fyvie, happy with that.

Nicky Clark next.

We should be wise to remember that we don't need to be signing 'names'. We've maybe become too obsessed with getting in a MacDonald or an Andreu and that failure to do so represents bad signing policy. It is more than possible to put together unknowns from lower leagues to put together a strong side that can compete not just in the Championship but at the highest level domestically. Let's face it, guys like Swanson, Bauben, Gomis, Robertson, Dixon, Wilkie, Daly, Conway came in from lower leagues in Scotland and England and ended up doing not bad for us...................

Aired, Clark and o'ware incoming.

Interesting, I always thought the guy O'Ware was a proper hardy defender when we played them. Assuming you are on about the Morton player.

Aird, Clark and O’Ware would seem decent signings.

Pleased about Fyvie also, hope his fitness and injury situ is progressing.

Sam wardrop has signed. Defender. (Right back I think). Season long loan from Celtic. Played last season for Dumbarton before getting injured in March.

I read it as him getting released from Celtic?

You're right Frank. There does seem to be some confusion, some reports saying loan others permanent. Either way he'll be wearing tangerine next season.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast