Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 331

Thread: Potential new signings

  1. #61
    What Ross did was start building for this season last season while at the same time saving them from relegation

    Whereas we were playing right to the final day of May in the playoffs

    Still think McKinnon should have had more time but we had to get the replacement right, exactly the same as when we sacked McNamara, had to get the replacement right and we didn't

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I for one have to put my hand up to say I was wrong cause I thought st mirrens pre season signings were poor compared to ours. How wrong was I?
    Thousand's thought the same mate.
    Last edited by GUNBOAT; 20-05-2018 at 07:07 PM. Reason: duplicate post

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What Ross did was start building for this season last season while at the same time saving them from relegation

    Whereas we were playing right to the final day of May in the playoffs

    Still think McKinnon should have had more time but we had to get the replacement right, exactly the same as when we sacked McNamara, had to get the replacement right and we didn't
    agree and despite the terrible football mckinnon was playing he may have got us 3rd as well replace mckinnon with someone who wasnt a clown and we had a chance.

    Actually still cant believe he is in charge.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    I for one have to put my hand up to say I was wrong cause I thought st mirrens pre season signings were poor compared to ours. How wrong was I?
    You weren't wrong. St Mirrens signings were poorer than ours, its just that they had a better manager and as for Livi see St Mirren.

    Gunboat - if Ray Mckinnon signed the players that Jack had signed he would've been chased out of Tannadice. It would have been absolute bedlam on here too. Nothing to do with the quality of the signings, all to to with the quality of management /coaching.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by whitfieldarab View Post
    you weren't wrong. St mirrens signings were poorer than ours, its just that they had a better manager and as for livi see st mirren.

    Gunboat - if ray mckinnon signed the players that jack had signed he would've been chased out of tannadice. It would have been absolute bedlam on here too. Nothing to do with the quality of the signings, all to to with the quality of management /coaching.
    agree 100%

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    You weren't wrong. St Mirrens signings were poorer than ours, its just that they had a better manager and as for Livi see St Mirren.

    Gunboat - if Ray Mckinnon signed the players that Jack had signed he would've been chased out of Tannadice. It would have been absolute bedlam on here too. Nothing to do with the quality of the signings, all to to with the quality of management /coaching.
    Is that not what i posted 10 months ago ?.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Is that not what i posted 10 months ago ?.
    I honestly don't know, cant be ar5ed digging up old threads

  8. #68
    It is bedlam on here no matter who we sign. The notion that our squad is vastly superior to St. Mirren's and it is all down to poor coaching is fundamentally flawed. So is the notion that the players are all useless and nobody could improve them. As always the truth lies in the middle. The biggest problem we have is the constant short termism of our approach.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I honestly don't know, cant be ar5ed digging up old threads
    My memory is not the best to be honest but its a fact that i did say that Ross was a very good manager,you said he signed a pile of shyte and Smedum accused me of being a ST Mirren fan.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    What Ross did was start building for this season last season while at the same time saving them from relegation

    Whereas we were playing right to the final day of May in the playoffs

    Still think McKinnon should have had more time but we had to get the replacement right, exactly the same as when we sacked McNamara, had to get the replacement right and we didn't
    I think thats looking for a reason to forgive Ray who had someone looking for players for him!

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My memory is not the best to be honest but its a fact that i did say that Ross was a very good manager,you said he signed a pile of shyte and Smedum accused me of being a ST Mirren fan.
    I agree with that.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    My memory is not the best to be honest but its a fact that i did say that Ross was a very good manager,you said he signed a pile of shyte and Smedum accused me of being a ST Mirren fan.
    You could be right i don't know what my exact words. He signed a lot of nobodies and won the league with them because he's a good manager.

    Do you think we would've won the league with his signings with either Ray or Laszlo in charge?
    Last edited by Whitfieldarab; 20-05-2018 at 08:30 PM.

  13. #73
    Agree with that and dont understand the loyalty to Csaba.. He clearly isnt good enough and who cares if we hire a new manager again.. There is no continuity or stability anyway cause all the ayers are gone. Csaba in my opinion lost the dressing room when be publicly criticised McMullen for diving to get a penalty when we were 3-0 up.. Thing is he told the players he wanted more goals and he was only trying to do what was asked. Csaba should have backed him on that.. We will start season well and then hell loose the new dressing room..

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ArabSurfer View Post
    Csaba in my opinion lost the dressing room when be publicly criticised McMullen for diving to get a penalty when we were 3-0 up.. Thing is he told the players he wanted more goals and he was only trying to do what was asked. Csaba should have backed him on that..
    Although that dive happened right in front of me, i cant remember if that was in the box, but i dont think it was! Only thing i am sure of is diving should never be condoned by any United supporter for any reason!

    I am not backing Shabba here, but i think telling the players some home truths is what caused him to loose some of the dressing room. He was only passing on our message to the players that they were a bunch of mercenaries who were only interested in seeing out the season to join another club.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    The biggest problem we have is the constant short termism of our approach.
    Exactly and it needs to stop.

  16. #76
    Mehmet’s contract has been renewed In to next season according to the official...

  17. #77
    I guess it makes signing players much easier if we can show we look after the ones that do.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Mehmet’s contract has been renewed In to next season according to the official...
    The right think to do. And if he can get back to full fitness, i hope the keeper we get in is good enough to keep him out!

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Exactly and it needs to stop.
    with the right man in charge. Hear is hoping the minority have it right here!

  20. #80
    Sun has us linked with Craig Curran of Ross County

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •