Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

We appear to be taking a sensible approach which should be effective, take other championship teams better players off them who were better than what we had last year.

Aird and Clark if they sign will be solid signings, I would've also taken Dunfermline right back if available.

Morton defender O'Ware would be good signing who we have been linked with.

Fyvie when fit is best player in the league.

Would hope to get a few loans in too, another one from Celtic be easy enough.

Taking a few players who are decent at this level for other smaller clubs with nowhere near the expectations or pressure will guarantee nothing

We don't have a manager that has proven he can get a side playing effectively as a unit for him, and his game management cost us the livi tie

Fyvie won't be upto speed until October, he wasn't at his best until Nov/Dec last season then we lost him to this injury

The fans won't give much leeway as the vast majority aren't happy with the decision to keep Laszlo, if we don't start the league season well then there will be no chance to build a good bond between players and fans, and calls for Csaba to go won't be far away, Tannadice then it's class when we have that bond and positivity, weekends very much in our favour during games, but it's the opposite when the vibe isn't there which has been the case for three years, we need that lifted

Hence why we needed a new start, guts churn when I think about it knowing what's likely to come in the next few months

Jamie Robsonís signed a new 2 year deal.

Hopefully he knuckles down as really needs to improve on last season, still young so not writing him off

the only reason i could think of him being kept is he is still young and has potential for future sale but he certainly isnt getting a new deal due to his performances over the course of the season as the majority of them have been woeful

i dont like critizising united players too much but robson has took the P*** alot this season. he has an big time charlie sort of attitude and ive seen no progress on him actually improving as a player. you think of all the things you want a left back to be and he hardly does anything. solid defensively? no. good crosser? not really. energetic to get up and down? not really.

it really does say alot that i would put Toshney (shudder) as a better full back than robson. I get he still has alot to learn and so on but i expected him to show some sign of improvement over the 2years he's been in and around the 1st team but he hasnt. he still doesnt look strong enough physically and mentally to cope with the championship never mind anywhere else.

hope he proves me wrong and improves drastically this season but he certainly wouldnt have been missed if we did release him

Praying heís just a back up.

I was praying we'd seen that last of him in a utd shirt

So up till now we have a midfielder who won't play till Oct, a keeper who won't play till Jan and one of our poorer players of last season all signed up! Things are looking good😑

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    So up till now we have a midfielder who won't play till Oct, a keeper who won't play till Jan and one of our poorer players of last season all signed up! Things are looking good😑
    Donít forget the manager. Csaba shambles. Itís a horror show

Robson probably a lot better than he has shown but he's not got the desire or attitude for it. Hopefully seen as back up and we have a proper left back lined up

The club obviously don't want to sell anymore season tickets..!! Absolutely no incentive for those swithering or to entice people back who didnt buy last season or folk who are saying they're not renewing this.

Very, very poor so far..😟

Not sure about this one!

When he had Scobbie capable of taking his place, Robson was doing quite well. When Mason came in and Scobbies abilities departed him, Robson stopped trying because he knew there was no competition. Even when a poor midfielder took his place, Robson knew he would get his chance again because there was a list of players he would get a game ahead of should Doc have to fill in elsewhere!

I just hope Shabba can find that played in Jamie or its full on curtains by October!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheAlien View Post
    Jamie Robsonís signed a new 2 year deal.
    Glad he's signed up again. I think he's a decent player but needs to find some consistency. He threw in quite a few poor performances last season. I think has talent though, hopefully he understands the chance he's getting and grabs it.

He's got to have decent players around him tho who are all fighting for each other and playing as a team or else I fear he will suffer another mediocre season..

Every team we come up against targets Robson, next season will be no different. Forgetting "limeade" etc he's just not a very good football player, hope it's back up signing only or yet again we're gonna be weak as water down the left if kings in front of him.

Fraser, gone on the official. Talented player that was wasted with the ****e that was around him. Arabest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Fraser, gone on the official. Talented player that was wasted with the ****e that was around him. Arabest.
    Yeah, sorry to see him go...had a wee bit of optimism that hed sign a 1 year deal.

Wish him all the best for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Yeah, sorry to see him go...had a wee bit of optimism that hed sign a 1 year deal.

Wish him all the best for the future.
    Thought if he were to sign a new deal he would have been one of the first announced, so not surprised he'll be away.
    Just hopefully not to Hearts or any other Scottish team.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    So up till now we have a midfielder who won't play till Oct, a keeper who won't play till Jan and one of our poorer players of last season all signed up! Things are looking good��
    Ouch ya, and this is Plan A ?

Dread to think what Plan B could include, glad not bought season ticket yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Praying heís just a back up.
    We still need to rehome Scobbie before we get a proper left back in, if that is part of the Csaba plan

I hope he proves me wrong but I fear a two year contract for Robson is a massive risk. Iíve seen him play a small number of good/decent games and a lot of poor ones.

Itís not enticing me into a Season Ticket thatís for sure

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast