+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Hoping to judge him by the quality of his signing video actually......
    Worth remembering that although we got the best out of Ciftci, not many other clubs since have done. Maybe this guy will suit us, if in fact he does sign. Will be happy to give him a chance anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokkefar View Post
    Well, he is crap to us. I don't know the what level the scottish championship is at, so he might be a decent player there. He's a different type of player than Lyng, who is more a winger than a striker. He might resemble Mikkelsen a little both in skill and player type.

When we bought Safranko we thought we had bought a strong target man. He was working very hard and covering a lot of ground. This means he is spending a lot of time outside the box where he is absolutely rubbish. His ball control, passing and vision is appalling. Then we thought we might tell him to stay in the box and use his strength and heading skills. However he rarely wins a ball in the air and his positioning and finishing is just terrible.

He might be a succes under a different playing style and a different coach but I sincerely have my doubts about him. He even said when he moved to us, that we were a step to the premier league, so we kinda had our hopes up for him. But so far he's scored 3 goals in 33 apps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGFb8gmkbQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-xcVUAiI9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yHR2DFLBdM

I do hope he succeeds for you, cause he was a pretty big investment to us, but I would be surprised.

Wow thats awesome. How do you come across an Aalborg top in Scotland?
    The Scottish championship is also very crap, some crap players do very well and some crap players become even worse. I'm hoping since our manager has worked with him before that he will be able to get the best out of him...

We really need a strong striker that can hold the ball and win headers. If we sign him I'll let you know how he gets on! Maybe he will return to you a world class striker...

A magical shop called sportsdirect used to sell loads of European football tops very cheap. If you ever come across any rangers fans they are a big fan of this shop!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's how we judge a player now? Twitter before he's even signed? FFS.
    It's an absolute joke. We've gone from me of the best groups f fans around to a bit of a clown show. Understandably we're upset with the state of the club etc but the way we're going about it is disgraceful. I await being told how I'm an enabler and other such nonsense now

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    That's how we judge a player now? Twitter before he's even signed? FFS.

That's not what I said, I said watch the dundee united banter years thread on twitter and you might get an idea why we have that attitude these days

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    It's an absolute joke. We've gone from me of the best groups f fans around to a bit of a clown show. Understandably we're upset with the state of the club etc but the way we're going about it is disgraceful. I await being told how I'm an enabler and other such nonsense now
    The club has embarrassed us on a consistent basis over the past few years. Saturday the players were applauded off the park at half time for scraping a 1-0 lead against a team who've cherry picked their best players from.

It's harsh to call us a disgrace with the amount of money and faith we as fans have put into this shambles.

Writting players off that are unknown is harsh but it's just frustration as we are all fed up of watching utter ****e on a regular basis.

The club is just toxic which is a shame considering there's been so many other positive changes over the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    The club has embarrassed us on a consistent basis over the past few years. Saturday the players were applauded off the park at half time for scraping a 1-0 lead against a team who've cherry picked their best players from.

It's harsh to call us a disgrace with the amount of money and faith we as fans have put into this shambles.

Writting players off that are unknown is harsh but it's just frustration as we are all fed up of watching utter ****e on a regular basis.

The club is just toxic which is a shame considering there's been so many other positive changes over the summer.
    Well obviously I'm not calling every single fan that and like I say I understand and share the frustration and anger. Even out with I've seen blogs and think pieces (for whatever they're worth) commenting on how toxic we have become as a fan base and how nasty it all is. We could take a leaf out of Hibs book in backing the club in the most dire situations as it's done them the world of good. Two wrongs don't make a right etc, let's be the bigger people

Quote Originally Posted by Otm_Shank View Post
    Well obviously I'm not calling every single fan that and like I say I understand and share the frustration and anger. Even out with I've seen blogs and think pieces (for whatever they're worth) commenting on how toxic we have become as a fan base and how nasty it all is. We could take a leaf out of Hibs book in backing the club in the most dire situations as it's done them the world of good. Two wrongs don't make a right etc, let's be the bigger people
    Hibs is a great example. We need somebody like a Leanne Dempster to fix this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Hibs is a great example. We need somebody like a Leanne Dempster to fix this club.
    True but the timing was perfect for her to go there, hibs were in the doldrums for years even in the top flight and relegation had been coming, that plus many big games v hearts and sevco in second tierand a whole new feel about the place added to the cup win meant they were transformed, she made a huge difference though as she did at Motherwell

Our situation happened different, very quick fall to relegation from being a model club, now we really can do with the feel good factor to come back, that's where MM missed a huge trick, the obvious thing is we need stability however we had the opportunity to change everything and appoint the correct man to revit a lise us at the end of the season, well he phucked that up big time inexplicably

Now we are left needing that same thing done but now with an even more downbeat fan base than at the end of last season, now one gsme into the league season with a dud as manager, more chance of our fans being found on the tay bridge with him incharge than a feel good factor returning, utter madness and such a waste to miss out on that opportunity at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    True but the timing was perfect for her to go there, hibs were in the doldrums for years even in the top flight and relegation had been coming, that plus many big games v hearts and sevco in second tierand a whole new feel about the place added to the cup win meant they were transformed, she made a huge difference though as she did at Motherwell

Our situation happened different, very quick fall to relegation from being a model club, now we really can do with the feel good factor to come back, that's where MM missed a huge trick, the obvious thing is we need stability however we had the opportunity to change everything and appoint the correct man to revit a lise us at the end of the season, well he phucked that up big time inexplicably

Now we are left needing that same thing done but now with an even more downbeat fan base than at the end of last season, now one gsme into the league season with a dud as manager, more chance of our fans being found on the tay bridge with him incharge than a feel good factor returning, utter madness and such a waste to miss out on that opportunity at the end of the season
    *Disclaimer* Some people (particularly Shedka) aren't going to like this so don't read it if you have a loose grip on reality or are unable/unwilling to separate emotion from reality *Disclaimer*

This model club stuff needs to stop.

We got where we were by living outwith our means, Eddie racking up millions of pounds worth of debt. We are now where we are precisely because we had to get out of that mess and in order to do so have essentially asset stripped the playing squad and infrastructure.

We basically did what the Fun did on a smaller scale, but were, unsurprisingly, far better at it and actually achieved some success in the process. We even actually managed to sign and produce assets who we moved on for a profit to prevent us sliding into administration which was the Funs whole business model.

I was extremely proud of the fact that our club managed to recover without shafting local businesses and Utd staff as some clubs are quite happy to do, however in light of recent financial reports, it certainly appears we are not out of those particular woods yet despite assurances otherwise over the years.

In a few years time, when we are back and established at the top of the Scottish game (well in the layer just below those OF *******s) we will probably look back and realise that had we done a "Fun" or "Hun" and gone into admin we probably would have recovered far quicker. It would have been far easier, but I am really proud that we as a club haven't resorted to that and have battled back the right way.

Not much to dislike about your post FTD1983.
    Well posted.

Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)