+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    and our twitter has a link that says he wasnt universally liked by Falkirk fans! He doesnt even need to come on here to get a kicking - wtaf!!??
    The mind boggles shedboy

You honestly think they will give me a refund..I think NOT...I will go to all home games a good few away games, what am i expecting prob scrape a play of place if we are lucky..If he stops setting up so negative i will give him time..

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    You're talking about feeling sick and wanting a refund on your season ticket on the basis we've signed a player you've never seen play. Both St. Mirren and Livi got promoted with average, workman like centre halves. Let us just calm down a wee bit, we're not going to be signing guys that get the excitement levels up.
    For a start both had competent managers.

St. Mirren had a player of Morgan Lewis quality to carry them going forward.
    Livingston were set up to be tough, defend to ****e and hopefully score from a set piece. I personally wouldn't want to watch a Dundee United team play like that especially since we are meant to be the biggest team in the league.

I'm not expecting us to sign Pique, but Paul Watson is a lazy signing IMO. There's hundreds/thousands of free agent CB's out there and we've signed a guy who Falkirk fans label as a lower championship level player (source: pie and bovril) when we've supposedly got bow scouting around Scotland, luggy scouting England and i'm sure Csaba has got decent contacts in Europe. It screams lazy and panic buy and is a complete waste of money as IMO he's not as good as Edge and he can't even get a game for us.

By god I would love nothing more than to be proved wrong but from what I've seen of him I know the majority of United fans will be screaming to get rid of him in 12 months time.

**** me I need a drink and we've not even played our "preseason" weekend game yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    Holy **** the signing was bad enough, but the twitter video to go with it. I'm flabbergassed. I'm a fan of the signing videos but what the **** have our marketing/media team made. This time last week I thought our banter era was coming to an end but know i think we are just at our peak.

The media guys have gone from creating good stuff back in the day to becoming cringey, right any the time we became crap, bizarre, they need to up their game and think before they release content, wtf was that... Paul Watson ffs

Stop making us embarrassed ffs, we are Dundee United you ****s, not a fkn junior club

Quote Originally Posted by JuanShoe View Post
    You're talking about feeling sick and wanting a refund on your season ticket on the basis we've signed a player you've never seen play. Both St. Mirren and Livi got promoted with average, workman like centre halves. Let us just calm down a wee bit, we're not going to be signing guys that get the excitement levels up.

Tbf, the minute it was decided to stick with Csaba, it wouldn't matter who we signed

Any excitement would immediately be diluted knowing this clown is in charge of the team and any decent player we have

Feeling worse going into the season than I ever have going onto any season in my life supporting United

It's already inevitable we won't be challenging for automatic promotion , that's tragic, depressing l and unacceptable at the same time

If we had a decent manager that could get the best of off the team and the club then it wilting be an exciting time and players would be desperate to either stay or come to us as a well run United on the park are one of the best and most attractive clubs in the country, we are far from that until we sort out the obvious

a few posts on falkirk boards, most echo this complete shock:

Paul Watson to Dundee Utd on a 2 year deal thought he'd be off to team like Ayr or Raith.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    ...Feeling worse going into the season than I ever have going onto any season in my life supporting United...
    Me too. Even at the start of last season I thought we probably had the players to win it. But the lack of quality in the squad was brutally exposed when Fyvie and Fraser got injured.

I think that there was a case for Csaba getting more time. But, equally so, his record was so poor that when ST stepped down from the Chair it made perfect sense to clear the decks by getting shot of Csaba at the same time.

MM made a HUGE call in backing Csaba to take us forward this season. I wouldn't have had the bottle to back him. I would've gone for a new man at the helm. I get the feeling that the vast majority of supporters don't trust Csaba. So anything but a winning start in the league - I'm talking 3 or 4 wins on the trot - will see the fans quickly turn on Csaba.

Apart from sticking with Csaba, I like the way MM has handled the Chair so far. But he'll need to be ruthless if it's apparent that a change in fortunes on the park is not happening. We SHOULD be giving the new team time to gel and accept that sometimes it takes some time for a new team to gel. I just don't think any of us has the patience any more. Totally understandable given the absolute mince we've had to put up with since JMc dismantled Levein & Houstie's side.

Yip, that's how long it's been. That's why us fans are finding it REALLY difficult to trust anyone; Chairman, Manager or Players.

We will come good again. But 'how long?' is a terrifying unknown.

'Still love United. But it's been a hard gig for a while now.

I read East football Eddie's army page this one and United Twitter page often 3-4 times a day especially this time of season for the rumours and gossip around the club. I can only hope Paul Watson doesn't have a look at any of these . United's Twitter absolutely being trolled by Sevco fans I think they must get alerts everytime the club post anything. They re-use tweets that Tims have used to murder them with on United fans cheap and low but hey what do we expect. The thing is though we've just signed a guy who has been round the block seems to keep himself fit due to the amount of game's played last season could help young players ie. Allerdice also looks a big lad has had other offer's wants to live near Dundee and want's to play for the club and he's been rejected by some not all. Give the lad a chance.

Don't know anything about the lad so can't say it's an inspiring signing but if he wants to wear the tangerine then he'll get my backing until he doesn't deserve it anymore. If he's honest and hard that's what we need in this league, not a Beckenbauer centrehalf, someone that a Dobbie or Lee Miller type can't bully is what's required. Gie the man a chance.

if he puts his head where others wont is strong and can boot the ball to phuck and used to this pish level. Thats what we need.

But then again the clown will ask him to do keepie ups on 6 yard line before releasing the rapid fire counter attacks.

Lets be honest 90% here just want csaba out.

And rightly so

Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)