+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

the reaction to this signing is ridiculous imo.

ill admit i dont know much about him from his other clubs but from what i do know hes a big solid CB whos played in the championship majority of his career.

the sort of CB we've been crying out for a few years now. someone who isnt fancy but can defend (darren dods style). we could sign messi and people on here would moan that hes not physical enough for the league. ffs its negative for being negatives sake. give the boy a chance. its not inspiring but give him a break and see how it works out before judging. we all thought moshni was gonna be a joke signing didnt we? that worked out ok didnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Me too. Even at the start of last season I thought we probably had the players to win it. But the lack of quality in the squad was brutally exposed when Fyvie and Fraser got injured.

I think that there was a case for Csaba getting more time. But, equally so, his record was so poor that when ST stepped down from the Chair it made perfect sense to clear the decks by getting shot of Csaba at the same time.

MM made a HUGE call in backing Csaba to take us forward this season. I wouldn't have had the bottle to back him. I would've gone for a new man at the helm. I get the feeling that the vast majority of supporters don't trust Csaba. So anything but a winning start in the league - I'm talking 3 or 4 wins on the trot - will see the fans quickly turn on Csaba.

Apart from sticking with Csaba, I like the way MM has handled the Chair so far. But he'll need to be ruthless if it's apparent that a change in fortunes on the park is not happening. We SHOULD be giving the new team time to gel and accept that sometimes it takes some time for a new team to gel. I just don't think any of us has the patience any more. Totally understandable given the absolute mince we've had to put up with since JMc dismantled Levein & Houstie's side.

Yip, that's how long it's been. That's why us fans are finding it REALLY difficult to trust anyone; Chairman, Manager or Players.

We will come good again. But 'how long?' is a terrifying unknown.

'Still love United. But it's been a hard gig for a while now.

I don't think the fans patience is much to do with the new players, it's that I doubt 99% of us trust that Csaba can get the best out of the players

Whereas the second half of last season there was a common denominator with many players npt cutting it under multiple managers, this season the common denominator will be the manager, the fans will let him know it if the league was to start like the league cup has

I’m a bit torn here.

I don’t like to see any new signing get a reception like this - really feel for the guy.

At the same time I completely understand the reaction. We are talking (albeit speculatively) about guys like Rooney etc - the type of signings we used to make, yet we get a player released by a team from our league who spent most of last season in a relegation battle he couldn’t get a game in.

If your looking in Mr Watson it’s not you we are getting at, its Csaba, a 2 year deal at Utd is a cracking move for you and I hope you crack on and earn it.

As for the minority who want csaba to be given a chance - the reaction to this being so disproportionate should tell you the impact he is having on this club. You are crying for stability but this episode is another massive vote of no confidence in him (and potentially MM) - you are never going to get stability in an atmosphere like we have now.

As for that video - absolutely ****ing vile and embarrassing - a perfect sum up of the absolute laughing stock we have become.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    I’m a bit torn here.

I don’t like to see any new signing get a reception like this - really feel for the guy.

At the same time I completely understand the reaction. We are talking (albeit speculatively) about guys like Rooney etc - the type of signings we used to make, yet we get a player released by a team from our league who spent most of last season in a relegation battle he couldn’t get a game in.

If your looking in Mr Watson it’s not you we are getting at, its Csaba, a 2 year deal at Utd is a cracking move for you and I hope you crack on and earn it.

As for the minority who want csaba to be given a chance - the reaction to this being so disproportionate should tell you the impact he is having on this club. You are crying for stability but this episode is another massive vote of no confidence in him (and potentially MM) - you are never going to get stability in an atmosphere like we have now.

As for that video - absolutely ****ing vile and embarrassing - a perfect sum up of the absolute laughing stock we have become.
    As quoted by the Motherwell manager, the fifth tier in England can offer wages higher than the bottom half of the Scottish Premier so no easy pickings for us down there right now. We can only pay what we can and to players who want to play for us.

I wish our fans would be more constructive and less destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotinUSA View Post
    As quoted by the Motherwell manager, the fifth tier in England can offer wages higher than the bottom half of the Scottish Premier so no easy pickings for us down there right now. We can only pay what we can and to players who want to play for us.

I wish our fans would be more constructive and less destructive.
    Think I was pretty constructive tbh - wished the boy well but just highlighted the state morale wise at our club.

I’m not suggesting we should be competing with financially doped English teams but it’s a reality vs expectation point whic illustrates how far we have fallen from what we as Utd fans expect.

Hope I'm wrong but I predict Paul watson will be this season's Paul Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by arab81 View Post
    Hope I'm wrong but I predict Paul watson will be this season's Paul Quinn
    I hope I'm right because I predict Paul Watson will be this season's Darren Dodds.

I have never ever seen such negativity written about our club currently. It's poison. Why do some of you boys bother to get out of bed in the morning?

Wilson might turn out to be an OK singing. The backlash is about how the club has trumpeted this signing. They have completely misjudged the mood of the fans and we have been ridiculed by fans of other clubs for it. A PR disaster. I wish Wilson all the best in the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    I hope I'm right because I predict Paul Watson will be this season's Darren Dodds.

I have never ever seen such negativity written about our club currently. It's poison. Why do some of you boys bother to get out of bed in the morning?
    Not getting this Darren Dodds comparison, he was an underwhelming signing at the time because of his age. If you ask ICT fans they would agree he was a solid CB for them he was just cracking on a fair bit when we signed him. He was also signed as a rotation CB.

Watson on the other hand is underwhelming because of his ability and he's been brought in as one of our main CB's (unless we plan on signing someone else). Falkirk fans and others in the rest of the league are pissing themselves laughing at the fact we've signed him.

I feel sorry for the boy as it's not his fault, he's been given an offer he simply could not refuse and he's just trying to make a living like the rest of us. My anger at this signing is more directed at United who keep spoon feeding us all the lies that we are scouting all over for the best talent when that's complete bull****. It's a complete panic signing because we've missed out on several other signings and we are so close to the season.

My bet is that by about November/December Watson will have been dropped, Barton pushed to CB with Rabitsch and Fyvie playing as holding midfielders.

Can’t recall much about Wilson playing for Falkirk. Might turn out to be fine playing along side Frans, hope so. We have to give the lad a chance and I wish the boy well. Height at the back now at least.

The almost overwhelming negativity online regarding just about everything at the moment will start to affect our club. Here’s hoping for a positive, starting today on the pitch. We need to get behind the team for possibly the most important season ever.

PS Who gives a flying phuk what other “ fans “ think about anything, especially Funsters and Huns. They will have enough of their own s.hite to dwell on shortly.

Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)