+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

We appear to be taking a sensible approach which should be effective, take other championship teams better players off them who were better than what we had last year.

Aird and Clark if they sign will be solid signings, I would've also taken Dunfermline right back if available.

Morton defender O'Ware would be good signing who we have been linked with.

Fyvie when fit is best player in the league.

Would hope to get a few loans in too, another one from Celtic be easy enough.

Taking a few players who are decent at this level for other smaller clubs with nowhere near the expectations or pressure will guarantee nothing

We don't have a manager that has proven he can get a side playing effectively as a unit for him, and his game management cost us the livi tie

Fyvie won't be upto speed until October, he wasn't at his best until Nov/Dec last season then we lost him to this injury

The fans won't give much leeway as the vast majority aren't happy with the decision to keep Laszlo, if we don't start the league season well then there will be no chance to build a good bond between players and fans, and calls for Csaba to go won't be far away, Tannadice then it's class when we have that bond and positivity, weekends very much in our favour during games, but it's the opposite when the vibe isn't there which has been the case for three years, we need that lifted

Hence why we needed a new start, guts churn when I think about it knowing what's likely to come in the next few months

Jamie Robson’s signed a new 2 year deal.

Hopefully he knuckles down as really needs to improve on last season, still young so not writing him off

the only reason i could think of him being kept is he is still young and has potential for future sale but he certainly isnt getting a new deal due to his performances over the course of the season as the majority of them have been woeful

i dont like critizising united players too much but robson has took the P*** alot this season. he has an big time charlie sort of attitude and ive seen no progress on him actually improving as a player. you think of all the things you want a left back to be and he hardly does anything. solid defensively? no. good crosser? not really. energetic to get up and down? not really.

it really does say alot that i would put Toshney (shudder) as a better full back than robson. I get he still has alot to learn and so on but i expected him to show some sign of improvement over the 2years he's been in and around the 1st team but he hasnt. he still doesnt look strong enough physically and mentally to cope with the championship never mind anywhere else.

hope he proves me wrong and improves drastically this season but he certainly wouldnt have been missed if we did release him

Praying he’s just a back up.

I was praying we'd seen that last of him in a utd shirt

So up till now we have a midfielder who won't play till Oct, a keeper who won't play till Jan and one of our poorer players of last season all signed up! Things are looking good😑

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie arab View Post
    So up till now we have a midfielder who won't play till Oct, a keeper who won't play till Jan and one of our poorer players of last season all signed up! Things are looking good😑
    Don’t forget the manager. Csaba shambles. It’s a horror show

Robson probably a lot better than he has shown but he's not got the desire or attitude for it. Hopefully seen as back up and we have a proper left back lined up

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)