+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

We need to get the RIGHT type of signing in ASAP.

St Mirren got their signings in last year very quickly and therefor had a full squad together for a full pre season and it obviously helped them.

The situation especially with Fyvie didn't help us at the start of last season, he was our best player and took him about 8 games into the season for him to get up to speed. No use.

Focus has to be on getting promoted first. If these players are better than last season than that’s a start. If promotion is gained then there’s another pre season with more money to add to squad. The players signed this summer might then be squad players if not good enough to play every week in the Premiership. Great point made too about Whitfieldarab- get the signings in as quickly as possible and make sure they’re ready for the off in August.

Whilst we'd all like to see new signings coming in asap the fact is we won't be returning to pre season training for about 4-5 weeks I wouldn't have thought so we don't need to panic just yet.

Important we take our time and get the right players with the right mentality about them rather than signing people up quickly just to try and appease sections of our support

Forget season 2019/20 It's next season we need to concentrate on

Quote Originally Posted by Arab 8010 View Post
    Yup

Spot on, get out this League first then worry about our squad after that

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

St Mirren got their signings in last year very quickly and therefor had a full squad together for a full pre season and it obviously helped them.

The situation especially with Fyvie didn't help us at the start of last season, he was our best player and took him about 8 games into the season for him to get up to speed. No use.
    The target of an 18 man squad and all the archin about to ship players out before we could sign players like Fyvie was feckin shocking. I really hope MM took notes about what St Mirren, and a good number of other teams did last season and the squad have the time to gel in time for the new manager to come in.

Need a player equal in ability to Fyvie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post

When i said that Ross was building his squad quickly you came back with a post that they were mostly from the lower league's and you never thought they were a threat,mind you Smedum actually accused me of being a ST Mirren supporter because i thought they would be dangerous.
    You were correct about their origin but the manager signing them knew them well from managing in that league whereas our manager is being given players he know's F ALL about,actually i do not think our manager even know's his own players never mind those from another team.

I for one have to put my hand up to say I was wrong cause I thought st mirrens pre season signings were poor compared to ours. How wrong was I?

I for one have to put my hand up to say I was wrong cause I thought st mirrens pre season signings were poor compared to ours. How wrong was I?
    When i looked at them after Whitfield Arab posted their origin's i only had one nagging doubt and that was Jack Ross being a better judge of a player than McKinnon(Toshney says it all to be honest),however i would say that Ray is a better manager than Shabba and if i could only choose between our last two appointment's for next season Ray would win hands down.
    The irony of my above post is i do not think Ray would get us up next season so F only know's where we will finish with Shabba,hopefully out of the division one play offs.

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)