+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Glad he's signed up again. I think he's a decent player but needs to find some consistency. He threw in quite a few poor performances last season. I think has talent though, hopefully he understands the chance he's getting and grabs it.
    Completely agree. He's a better player than people on here give him credit for. He's only 20. He will get better.

Robson will be our left back no doubt about it,we just do not have the money to sign him as a squad player,the proof of the pudding is in the eating,he would have been away with Fraser IF any club out there thought he was good enough to play at a higher level.In my opinion Fraser will play in our top league or in England next season because he is a footballer.
    I am not writing Robson off yet but at this present time he is an also ran Championship player.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Robson will be our left back no doubt about it,we just do not have the money to sign him as a squad player,the proof of the pudding is in the eating,he would have been away with Fraser IF any club out there thought he was good enough to play at a higher level.In my opinion Fraser will play in our top league or in England next season because he is a footballer.
    I am not writing Robson off yet but at this present time he is an also ran Championship player.
    Good summary GB. Thing with Fraser is you feel a good coach will make him a better player, jury still out on young Robson. A good coach. (aye, I know) would spend time with him this summer, put an arm round him then wind him up, motivate him, show him videos of great left backs, put him through his paces relentlessly, tell him he only has one chance to be a footballer then it's over. See if he can get a lot more out of the boy. Either will or won't. As others have mentioned though he needs better protection in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    show him videos of great left backs, put him through his paces relentlessly, tell him he only has one chance to be a footballer then it's over.
    Just sit him down in front of the tele this weekend to show him where his predecessor is now. Only Jamie can put in the effort to start the whole thing off!

Sean Bryne of Livingston mentioned again. The mighty Falkirk also mentioned as being after him. A midfielder that can actually tackle would be nice though.

Perhaps I am one of the few that see something in Robson. There is a player in there I think. Has made a lot of mistakes , no doubt about it. Needs to knuckle down, work hard and concentrate. Improve defensively in particular, get doon that wing and cross the ba. He has that skill. Cmon Jamie prove a lot of the negativity is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Good summary GB. Thing with Fraser is you feel a good coach will make him a better player, jury still out on young Robson. A good coach. (aye, I know) would spend time with him this summer, put an arm round him then wind him up, motivate him, show him videos of great left backs, put him through his paces relentlessly, tell him he only has one chance to be a footballer then it's over. See if he can get a lot more out of the boy. Either will or won't. As others have mentioned though he needs better protection in front of him.
    He need look no further than Andy Robertson, who has worked at his game and by all accounts grounded. Further back there is Malpas, Gough and Holt (right backs), who just got on with the game. Inspiration from great players like Narey etc. albeit different positions should be taken. If you aspire to just 10% of his ability you will be a good player

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    He need look no further than Andy Robertson, who has worked at his game and by all accounts grounded. Further back there is Malpas, Gough and Holt (right backs), who just got on with the game. Inspiration from great players like Narey etc. albeit different positions should be taken. If you aspire to just 10% of his ability you will be a good player
    Agree with you and Chick above. What I was meaning as well is that as long as a player shows the motivation to improve, a good coach should be able to get that improvement out of the player. Robson has either been kept because we think he might command a fee at some point or because we think he can improve. It's now down to the coaching team to get that improvement out of the boy. Let's see if they do.

I think it's wrong to assume every player that wants to improve has that ability. However, in Jamie's case I'm sure he will as his learning is more to do with what it means to be a professional sportsman than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think it's wrong to assume every player that wants to improve has that ability. However, in Jamie's case I'm sure he will as his learning is more to do with what it means to be a professional sportsman than anything else.
    Most professional players that want to improve will show some improvement in some aspects of their game if they're coached right and motivated by the coach.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)