+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Huge game against thistle. We need momentum. Really hope I’m left looking like a plonker with my thoughts on shabba

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    Huge game against thistle. We need momentum. Really hope I’m left looking like a plonker with my thoughts on shabba
    I think that's how most of us feel. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefers View Post
    You cant be made to look like a plonker based on the evidence that made you form your opinion at any given time. There are however things to be concerned about with Shabba and our team when you listen to Gary Naismiths after match comments! QotS changed things to counter how we started, and our team could not change enough in reply.

I also wonder if double training sessions is being detrimental to match day fitness? Defenders again looked tired and unable to get back into position quick enough while QotS were scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    You cant be made to look like a plonker based on the evidence that made you form your opinion at any given time. There are however things to be concerned about with Shabba and our team when you listen to Gary Naismiths after match comments! QotS changed things to counter how we started, and our team could not change enough in reply.

I also wonder if double training sessions is being detrimental to match day fitness? Defenders again looked tired and unable to get back into position quick enough while QotS were scoring.
    Although you can argue we couldn’t switch enough in thesecond half - it was a shrewd tactical move in the first half that took QOS by surprise in the first place. If we criticise we should also give credit where it’s due.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddydog View Post
    Although you can argue we couldn’t switch enough in thesecond half - it was a shrewd tactical move in the first half that took QOS by surprise in the first place. If we criticise we should also give credit where it’s due.
    It's difficult to judge from highlights and fan reports from games, But if it's correct that he went 352 which at times looked like 532 when defending then this alone is a major breakthrough imo for 2 reasons
    1 It means he has finally ditched his insistence on a lone striker and 2, it worked - at least for a decent part of the game.

Again hard to tell from QOS tv but we actually looked like a football team, driving run from Stanton, great move and excellent finish for the second.

So I'm going to give credit where it's due. Well done Csaba and well done lads. (can't believe I typed that first bit) but well done all round. Let's see if they can build on that now.

As you say it is difficult to judge from highlights, however what I did see was a lot more movement off the ball. I seen players wanting the ball and making themselves available for it and players running into space and dangerous areas. This alone is a huge difference to the slow square passing game we have been playing. Needs to be kept at this level for the whole season.

Translated from French by
    Microsoft
    INFO @LGDFennec The central defender of MCA Rachid Bouhenna (27 years old) will leave the Algerian championship to join Scotland and the Dundee United Club. The player has a clause allowing him to leave the club without any financial compensation.
    https://twitter.com/YahiaSaouthi

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Microsoft
    INFO @LGDFennec The central defender of MCA Rachid Bouhenna (27 years old) will leave the Algerian championship to join Scotland and the Dundee United Club. The player has a clause allowing him to leave the club without any financial compensation.
    That last sentence concerns me a bit. Comes over as a sales pitch for the player. Hope I'm wrong, we're always looking for the new Fojut.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    That last sentence concerns me a bit. Comes over as a sales pitch for the player. Hope I'm wrong, we're always looking for the new Fojut.
    I read that as a translation issue.

He's out of contract, so no fee (he's 27).

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    Microsoft
    T’was in the courier that this boy is training with us. Csaba is after one more CB and a creative midfielder before the window closes.

Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)