+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Time will tell, unfortunately Laszlo hasn't proven much himself yet
    In a world of what have you done for me lately, the signing of Clark is positive from Laszlo.

Remains to be seen, let's hope so

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    First of what some think will be anything from 15 to 20 players we require.

As far as i see, we still need a first choice back line plus 2 to challenge for places. Then midfield we need 3 until Fyvie can establish himself along with 2 wingers.

Up front we need another 2 and i heard from an unlikely source that one of those places will be filled by Si Murray! I think they were getting their Dundees mixed up though!
    Be happy to see Si back and can see he’d work well with Clark or keatings - 2 up front next season please 🙏

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Be happy to see Si back and can see he’d work well with Clark or keatings - 2 up front next season please 🙏
    I would like to see us make another attempt to sign Rory McAllister. I know he plays at a lower level but his scoring rates are just crazy! He completely bossed us when Peterhead played us a year ago or so (did he not score a hatrick against us at Tannadice?
    31 now - maybe last chance for him to prove himself at a higher level. I know he has a decent job outside football but maybe he would come on a 2 year deal if the wages were right. McAllister and Clark upfront would score a bucket load of goals in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Happy with Clark. 100% proven at this level.

Works hard. On face of it a good signing, Csaba!
    If you ask any Dunfermline fan they'll tell you he is very lazy. Will score goals if he has a partner, though. Cannot play up top on his own. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    If you ask any Dunfermline fan they'll tell you he is very lazy. Will score goals if he has a partner, though. Cannot play up top on his own. No way.
    Controversial I know, but I'd settle for a front two of Clark and Goodwillie. Plenty of goals there.

For me Keith Watson could be a good re-signing at RB as long as he could prove his fitness, I am aware his St J stint was blighted by injuries, mind you know more than Scobbie and we took a big gamble on him.

I have been critical of Czaba and I still feel surprised that he has kept his position despite his questionable signings in January, his abysmal result records that reached historic lows and the problem that he seems to have with the English language. However, it least he has the right idea in getting rid of so many players; he's pretty much pressed the reset button and that's what we needed given the mentality of the last bunch of uncaring uncommitted mercenaries we had. Livingston were promoted squad that gave it everything and perhaps attitude will be taken into account in the selection of the new squad. Good signings so far, and im daring to be optimistic for next season. Also looking forward to playing the jags and the county on a regular basis, should make for some good matches. Hope Fyvie recovers and returns to form sharpish and I think we should make a top class goal keeper at the top of our spending list

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    For me Keith Watson could be a good re-signing at RB as long as he could prove his fitness, I am aware his St J stint was blighted by injuries, mind you know more than Scobbie and we took a big gamble on him.
    I didn’t think we should have let Watson go the last time. Not sure what his form is like now though.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I didn’t think we should have let Watson go the last time. Not sure what his form is like now though.
    Sadly for Keith, it's impossible to play a whole season.

Time to move on.

As an aside, unconfirmed reports he was in the Livingston (his local club as a kid apparently) end for our playoff matches.

Page 13 of 69 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)