+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new signings

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I didn’t think we should have let Watson go the last time. Not sure what his form is like now though.
    Me either, when the alternative was Ryan McGowan, committed but painfully slow and certainly no better. Watson I believe impressed Levein so much, that he was almost straight into the United starting line up. Injuries aside surely a better alternative than Murdoch, whom admittedly done reasonably well for a midfielder.

We can't afford to be taking risks with a player who has an injury record like Keith's. Bad enough signing Scobbie last season.

No announcements pending on the recruitment side is there.?? Gone a bit quiet after all the early speculation. I know it's early days but even the rumours have slowed down. 🤔

Heard we're after Cifci...

(joking.!!)

Keith Watson was finished years ago, actually was he ever all that? A firm no from me.

Goodie. Usually with a scoring rate like his last season he would be getting attention from bigger clubs but unfortunately he's damaged goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    No announcements pending on the recruitment side is there.?? Gone a bit quiet after all the early speculation. I know it's early days but even the rumours have slowed down. 🤔

Heard we're after Cifci...

(joking.!!)
    Most players will be off on their holidays right now. It'll pick up closer to July.

that's the disadvantage of having a mass player turnover every summer/transfer window, rather than building properly so your team is only needs tweaking/strengthening in the summer.

Clark is a uninspiring signing for me, never really stood out, 14 goals in a side that probably created more chances than United is ok not great, is he a significant upgrade on keetings (hearts/hibs form when we signed him)/macdonald?

Is Fraser Aird any better a prospect now than McMullan was last season?

This summer and last summer most our recruitment seems to have come from a small pool of local/domestic talent, which also just happened to be available at that time. That seriously limits your options. I'm not writing Clark off btw, he will probably be a steady signing, but it doesn't suggest we have a great deal of other attackers lined up, unless Laslo is super keen on him.

Fingers crossed Luggy and Laslo have some signings lined up to compliment these championship players.

And hopefully we can sign a striker this season that can at least win headers/attack crosses.

We have to bear in mind that it is mindset and attitude that gets you out this league.

Livingston and to much of an extent St Mirren were filled with the uninspiring.

That's the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    We have to bear in mind that it is mindset and attitude that gets you out this league.

Livingston and to much of an extent St Mirren were filled with the uninspiring.

That's the championship.
    I think that shows (as with English championship) what you really need is a good manager who can motivate, organise and have the respect of the dressing room and fans...oh dear 😂

Indeed, TTT says we can't afford to take risks, by far the biggest risk is the decision to keep Csaba

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Indeed, TTT says we can't afford to take risks, by far the biggest risk is the decision to keep Csaba
    Agree with that.
    We are going into a new season under a manager that the majority of the support have no confidence in. (Based on comments in numerous forums).
    Suggests to me that we can’t afford to sack him.
    Although we don’t know what his budget is the players being bandied about also suggests there is no imminent investment from the Americans.

Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)