+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Matty Phillips in the frame next perhaps.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/pr...t-brom-winger/

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I suppose it was necessity OC, we couldn't pay the wages PL players were on. We must be able to afford one or two now.
    Yes looks like we are fishing in the relegated pond now. I hope we still get some talented youngsters to develop too as we have done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post
    no worries.....Tom was a free transfer with a value of Half a Mil - and Pope came to us for £1.17m...so I think the seeming 25mil offer for both the Dawson and Rodriguez dropouts, is under the circumstances - a completely respectable one.

I am completely in agreement Norder.People on here are getting a little bit too nostalgic about Jay Rod.If he wanted to come back to BFC badly he could have done 12 months ago for a lot less money.Now he and his teamates have been relegated we are much more attractive proposition to him.I would not reward failure.The latest report is WBA want 40m for him and Dawson so forget it-they are not worth half that amount.Rondon is better for 16m.
    I did say that I will believe this transfer tripe when I see the player waring claret and blue at the Turf.

It really is quite easy to start a transfer rumours these days - the local press know next to nothing and are told even less whilst transfer rumour websites peddle the same tired stories from pillar to post ... cut them in two divide by five multiply by the number you first thought of and we are still some way from the truth ....

Quote Originally Posted by ralphpom View Post
    It really is quite easy to start a transfer rumours these days - the local press know next to nothing and are told even less whilst transfer rumour websites peddle the same tired stories from pillar to post ... cut them in two divide by five multiply by the number you first thought of and we are still some way from the truth ....
    The problem is that too many people play these football computer games when, I believe, it is easy to transfer players. The reality is exactly as you say ralph!

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I am completely in agreement Norder.People on here are getting a little bit too nostalgic about Jay Rod.If he wanted to come back to BFC badly he could have done 12 months ago for a lot less money.Now he and his teamates have been relegated we are much more attractive proposition to him.I would not reward failure.The latest report is WBA want 40m for him and Dawson so forget it-they are not worth half that amount.Rondon is better for 16m.
    I did say that I will believe this transfer tripe when I see the player waring claret and blue at the Turf.
    Brom support now saying we need to double our offer - Buda.....friggin fruitcakes think we're Nuts !

I read it that Rod didn't join Burnley last season due to his wage bill - which doesn't make sense - being we signed Wood for 15M and Rodriguez went to Brom for 14 Mil....Wood is seemingly taking (imo unjustified) 50 grand a week whereas JRod is on 65 grand weekly....making a yearly difference of 780 thousand - so could say we'd perhaps have saved ourselves 220 if we signed Rod instead of Wood..... .

offer em one of these.....

and a few quid for a bag of chips and their bus fare home.

WBA will try to hose us for as much as possible and drag it out until its late in the window its the WBA way. We have been burnt by it before so should know the score, we need to give them a final offer and if they don't want it move on to other targets and leave them with 2 big wages to carry through summer. maybe go back with a reduced offer nearer the close of the window.

For 25-30 mil there must be better than JR and Dawson out there. As much as I like him JR isn't the player he was pre injury.

I like Jay, I hope we sign him, he's a good player, proven PL player, England International, better than any striker we've currently got imo, so I hope we sign him because I think he'll strengthen the squad. I couldn't care less that he used to play for us, the only way I see that as relevant is that his links to Burnley should make him more amenable to signing for us than any other club, and make the deal a bit easier to get over the line, and when you're dealing with a bunch of snake oil salesmen like WBA, every bit helps.

But if WBA play silly beggars with us, as they have in the past, feck em, walk away, they've strung us along once too often, I really wouldn't let this drag on for long. There are other players out there, more reasonable clubs we can deal with. Give them a date to accept our best offer, then stick to it and walk away.
    Last edited by sinkov; 15-06-2018 at 09:37 AM.

I agree Jay is better than what we have and the stats on here show he has a higher number of shots per game 1.9 (Rondon 2.2) whilst Ashley has 1.7 Wood 1.6 and Sam 1.1 and a higher pass success rate of 72.3% versus 60% for Barnes and Wood and 49% for Sam.
    The profile says he is very strong in the air and his pass success and crossing are weak!!
    He has played in 8 different positions according to them CF in 17 his best ratings come from left midfield.

Some interesting figures for players and teams on it too.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/184/...ngland-Burnley
    https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/175/...romwich-Albion
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/33.../Jay-Rodriguez
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-06-2018 at 10:06 AM.

According to Alan Nixon, West Brom have set a £35m price for Burnley for Rodriguez and Dawson.
    £30m is halfway.

Page 13 of 87 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)