+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post

Despite the injury and lack of game time since, Tom's surely still worth way more than £10M?

"That’s encouraging - who is leaving Bardsley, Walters" I liked that one too!

"If Mee goes we need two top class CBs in...we couldn't even bring one in last summer." How hard did we actually try? With the benefit of hindsight, I'd suggest that SD had far more confidence in Tarks last May than the rest of us? In addition, in the summer of 2017 'class' players and their Agents too probably saw Burnley as a major relegation risk, I expect Turf Moor will look a much more attractive destination to them this summer.
    I don't know about the rest of us but I had every confidence in Tarko last summer, even predicting he'd be playing for England. There was no doubt in my mind that he was Sean's choice to replace Keane, but I fully expected a replacement to be signed for the bench. It was taking an enormous risk to go with just 3 CBs, as Sean has more or less admitted, I doubt he'll want to risk it again, especially with
    the Europa League to cope with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't know about the rest of us but I had every confidence in Tarko last summer, even predicting he'd be playing for England. There was no doubt in my mind that he was Sean's choice to replace Keane, but I fully expected a replacement to be signed for the bench. It was taking an enormous risk to go with just 3 CBs, as Sean has more or less admitted, I doubt he'll want to risk it again, especially with
    the Europa League to cope with as well.
    I was blowing Tarkas trumpet on here long before last season,anyone who knows about football could see what a good player he is..

He still makes me feel nervous. Bobby Moore he ain't!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    If Pope plays in the World Cup and gets injured, where doe's that leave us if Tom is transferred.

Quote Originally Posted by Turfmoore View Post
    If Pope plays in the World Cup and gets injured, where doe's that leave us if Tom is transferred.
    Good Point Turfy .

Real Madrid trying to pinch Courtois from Chelsea could create more competition for Tom or Nick!

Don't think Tom or BM will be leaving unless we get a silly offer for either. 10m won't do it for Tom it will take double that at least and certainly won't be to West Ham I would be more worried if it was Liverpool sniffing around Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He still makes me feel nervous. Bobby Moore he ain't!
    Bobby isn’t doing any defending these days so most players would be pleased not to be him.

Simply the best footballer I ever saw was Bobby Moore.

He came to the Turf and had Andy Lochhead and Willie Irvine in his pocket and that was not easy to do!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Simply the best footballer I ever saw was Bobby Moore.

He came to the Turf and had Andy Lochhead and Willie Irvine in his pocket and that was not easy to do!
    He's not one of mine BT, and his social skills were non existent also if you go off alf's dealings with him.

Page 2 of 87 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)