+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    A youngster

YORK City have today confirmed that academy winger Vinnie Steels is wanted by Premier League club Burnley and has indicated a desire to move to Turf Moor.
    The Minstermen are now in talks with Burnley over the possibility of a compensation package.

Steels, still only 16, joined City in February after leaving Vanarama National League North rivals Darlington
    He made his first-team debut as a substitute against Nuneaton Town on April 10 and his first start four days later against Gainsborough Trinity. He made two further appearances as a substitute against FC United of Manchester and Brackley Town.

Due to City's current status as a non-League club, they do not have the protection of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) which guarantees compensation for youth and academy players if they are snapped up by a League outfit.
    League rules also prevent English clubs offering professional terms to players under the age of 17.

City's sporting director, Dave Penney, said: "This is a great opportunity for Vinnie to move to a Premier League club and we wish him all the best.

"Burnley have complied with all the rules and gave seven days' notice, last week, of their intentions to approach the player. Both Vinnie and his agent will now be free to talk to Burnley's representatives on Wednesday.
    "As we are no longer protected by the EPPP, we have little protection against the biggest clubs when it comes to holding on to our best young players."
    Steels had been offered a professional contract by City and was scheduled to sign the paperwork on his 17th birthday next month.
    Poor old York, nothing they can do about it. Even Clitheroe could sign him if he'd agree to come. Just put 7 days notice on a player, and a week later he's yours, simple as in non league. I trust we'll play fair by York and slip them some compo.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Poor old York, nothing they can do about it. Even Clitheroe could sign him if he'd agree to come. Just put 7 days notice on a player, and a week later he's yours, simple as in non league. I trust we'll play fair by York and slip them some compo.
    It sounds like that is the plan Sinkov. I hope so as it all seems very amicable.

We really can't complain about our negotiating team when we are dealing with situations like these...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...d-craig-dawson

Taxis cancelled!

Last May WBA were wanting £20m for Jay.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...uez-josh-king/

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-craig-dawson/

Then in June they said the same about Dawson http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-West-Ham.html

Nothing much seems to have changed since then. Don’t know why it’s suddenly news again to Sky.

You could have saved a lot of petrol or diesel or electricity. Must have been Uber excitement.

It’s all quiet on the Western Wales front too!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We really can't complain about our negotiating team when we are dealing with situations like these...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...d-craig-dawson

Taxis cancelled!
    The only complaint I would have BT is if we're still in for these two, we know what WBA are like, they are not going to become reasonable overnight, hopefully this is just Sky filling space, and we walked away from this situation weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure most of us would like Jay Rod back sinkov. According to rumours coming from his family the lad wants to come back. SD wants him back, so let's just pay the asking price, "undisclosed fee" and get the lad back on board.

A proven Premier League striker, capped by England with 6 full years left in the tank, must be worth the thick end of £20 million - surely?

Paid 15 million for Championship striker so 20 million for proven PL striker? No brainer.

It's the £40m for the pair I'm talking about BT, we aren't going to pay Dawson's wages so surely we're not still in for him. Jay is a different matter, I'd pay £20m for him, maybe the club would, but they need to sort it out and get the deal done. I just hope they're not hanging around thinking WBA will back down and meet them halfway, they won't.

I know these deals can be difficult, but we've had two months to get this one over the line, and it's not happened yet. If alarm bells aren't ringing they ought to be. They seem to work on the premise that if they stick around long enough, the player will fall into their laps. Lansbury, Stephens and Dawson should tell them otherwise.

I can only agree and wonder why we haven’t got Jayrod over the line weeks ago. We can surely afford £20m and offer cash! Has the pen run out of ink?
    Is he wanting £75k too??
    Dawson can stew in his own if he wants that.

Tommy Wright expects to sign former Northern Ireland under-21 international keeper Conor Mitchell on loan from Burnley.

A deal for the 22-year-old, who was farmed out to Chester last season, could be completed today.

St Johnstones Tommy Wright reported: “We’ve got Conor Mitchell up from Burnley and we’re hoping to conclude a season-long loan deal in the next day or two.

“He’s an under-21 international, and with him and Mark Hurst there will be real competition for Zander (Clark).

“We’ve had four or five options but, having brought Connor up, we’d like to get something done with him.”

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)