+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    At last some new action
    L’Equipe is reporting on Monday that the Clarets are planning a bid to sign Nantes’ reigning Player of the Season Abdoulaye Toure.
    It is understood that Burnley have already initiated talks and would be willing to offer as much as £10.5 million.
    TM values £7.5m
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/abdo...spieler/181382
    Going off this video footage he seems quick and can deliver a telling pass, seems we have already offered him a 5 year deal before striking a deal with his Club (if true).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGJIlf9pgoE

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Going off this video footage he seems quick and can deliver a telling pass, seems we have already offered him a 5 year deal before striking a deal with his Club (if true).

Call me Mr Cynical Alto, but I just cannot see this one being anything other than paper talk.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It's the £40m for the pair I'm talking about BT, we aren't going to pay Dawson's wages so surely we're not still in for him. Jay is a different matter, I'd pay £20m for him, maybe the club would, but they need to sort it out and get the deal done. I just hope they're not hanging around thinking WBA will back down and meet them halfway, they won't.

I know these deals can be difficult, but we've had two months to get this one over the line, and it's not happened yet. If alarm bells aren't ringing they ought to be. They seem to work on the premise that if they stick around long enough, the player will fall into their laps. Lansbury, Stephens and Dawson should tell them otherwise.
    £75k a week for Dawson is never going to happen sinkov and in agreement with you we should just dispel the rumours once and for all and buy Mawson, Clucas and Jay Rod and stop farting around!

Two young affordables
    Burnley have made an enquiry for Le Havre's £9million-rated centre back Harold Moukoudi but face competition from West Ham for the 20-year-old.
    Moukoudi, a France U19 international, has been a target for Arsenal.

Both Burnley and West Ham are thought to have an interest in Josh Windass, son of Dean ex Stanley, who is lining up a return to England as he fears he won't be pivotal to Steven Gerrard's plans at Rangers.
    The 24-year-old is poised to be on the bench for Thursday's Europa League second round qualifier at NK Osijek and that has underlined his belief that he must leave.
    West Brom and Aston Villa also showing an interest. Rangers want £3million.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...r-Windass.html

I don’t know why we don’t try Scotland more.
    Recent shock waves when Salford City bought Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney and are paying double his wages. Maybe we should look at a few others in the next two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

If they're talking about us offering a five year deal then the story is bollox. We don't do five year deals, I believe the sticking point in one of our current negotiations is the the player wants a four year deal, but we won't go beyond three.

I'm still banging this drum - Danny Ings. Swallow our pride and get this bloke back at Burnley. If he goes to Palace, Newcastle or Bournemouth he will kick goals, would be better if it were at Turf Moor. No brainer.

Apparently he sort of pissed on his chips when he left to go to Liverpool. It is rumoured he was not particularly helpful to the Clarets' cause when we negotiated the transfer fee at the Tribunal.

Injury prone prima donna anyway, IMHO!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Apparently he sort of pissed on his chips when he left to go to Liverpool. It is rumoured he was not particularly helpful to the Clarets' cause when we negotiated the transfer fee at the Tribunal.

Injury prone prima donna anyway, IMHO!
    Interesting no one has taken him after his vote leave. Southampton were mentioned.
    Anyway now Klopp is talking of a £100m clearout with Danny one of two mentioned and £20m wanted for him.

http://thekoptimes.com/2018/07/25/ju...erpool-report/

Halfords will sort out your Dings for a reasonable price!

Think we are all clutching at Straws.

Does Jack have a grandson!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 25-07-2018 at 09:51 AM.

I do accept the feathers were ruffled when he left, not sure of the detail but yes, it is the general opinion that it was a little acrimonious. Being injury prone is technically correct too, but his time out of the game is due to only two injuries (long term) (and indeed a potential sticking point to recruitment) I also accept that. There are three great strikers in his way at the moment, I have a good feeling about his future after Liverpool. But BT, in your opinion, what's he done to be a prima donna?

Liverpool want £20m for Ings, and have Newcastle, Crystal Palace, West Ham and Southampton interested.
    £60k salary

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...clear-12968873

We don’t go to £20m it seems and £60k and if we did I would go for Jay.

Others off says NBC
    The list includes Divock Origi, Simon Mignolet, and Danny Ings, with Lazar Markovic and Pedro Chirivella
    Karius probably too
    Last edited by oldcolner; 25-07-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)