+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    10 to 15 years ago I would agree with the under rated striker but he is 37 nearly 38 now and he offers nothing but height to play long towards he is no longer under rated he is past it.
    Crouch played 34 times in 2017–18, mostly as a sub and scoring six goals and 3 assists. Life in the old dog yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    Sounds like it is just me that thinks Peter Crouch is one of the most underrated strikers ever to play for England. I would love to have him in the squad, especially at that price...
    I agree with the first bit Matelot, a vastly under-rated player. I always thought, despite his height, he was no more than average in the air, a much better player if you played it into his feet. But I really hope we don't sign him now though, he's past his best, and it would send out all the wrong signals to fans who are getting more and more frustrated by the day.
    Last edited by sinkov; 29-07-2018 at 03:27 PM.

This Peter Crouch nonsense has to be a wind-up surely.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post

See post 401 CiB, welcome to my world, how do we get out ?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    You can almost hear our Directors , Laughing....(just look at their faces, Bless em)...

Why are we even looking at old past it players. We finished 7th in the richest league in the world. I am not saying we should be spending insane money on transfers and wages, but surely we can sign an up and coming 4th choice CB in his early 20's from lower leagues; a quality midfielder to replace Arfield/Marney and a mobile forward to give us a different option and stop opponents pushing up. We are not paying Arfield or Marney wages now for starters. I feel if we don't add to the mix we will be rapidly found out tactically and really struggle to score; that was starting to happen late last season. A 37 years old non mobile striker is not the answer or even a stop gap for me; just like the Walters failure last year but he was younger!!!!! Why can't we just add some quality to what we have!? No I don't expect Real Madrid football from us as a small run down northern industrial town, but surely we can attract some player who will add to our squad positively? Please tell me if I'm wrong and why as I just don't understand our reticence to strengthen.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 29-07-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Given that some of our more recent signings naming no names have been disappointing Crouch could be a good acquisition at that price. I remember when SD signed Joey I wondered if this was insane or a master stroke. It depends on the length of contract offered and total package cost. It would surely cause our WAG rating to rise!

Forget Crouch,get Rodriguez, Mawson and Clucas in.

According to a recent interview with SD he said BFC would only sign players if they add quality to the squad and not just to make up numbers.In which category would you put Peter Crouch?

Crouch would be head and shoulders above any of our current squad CIB.

Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)