+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

500 posts and we are still waiting, but so are Spurs and Palace fans, so we are not alone!

Re McKenna
    McInnes said: “It’s not an official approach. We’ve had a conversation with Swansea and they asked about Scott’s availability.

“I don’t expect them to make an offer. If they do then it’s not something we’d be encouraging, and that was the kind of gist of the conversation.

“I’m not saying he’s not for sale, but any offer for McKenna will need to be way over the top, whether that’s this window, next window, whatever.Swansea have just sold a centre-half for £18-20million and, for me, certainly the boy that has just gone, McKenna has the potential to be even better.”

McInnes also said he thinks McKenna will “bypass the Championship” as he is “too good not be playing in the Premier League in the future”, and that the 21-year-old is currently “Scotland’s best centre-half”.

If that is so, the Dons had best take a cheque back north and leave the boy here!

I don’t remember him from the first game. - will watch a replay of the game.

Sean been talking saying the club has scouts here but The gap is too wide to the PL saying Andy Robertson came from nowhere - if only he read Clarets mad A few years ago!
    http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...break-through/

Anyway in the Telegraph we’re back into action - though if Albion aren’t selling it won’t do much good.

Burnley have resumed talks with West Bromwich Albion over a potential £18 million deal for Jay Rodriguez and are set to make another offer for their former striker in the next 48 hours. But West Brom – who were relegated from the Premier League last season – are adamant Rodriguez will not be sold in this window and have already rejected a joint £25 million bid from Burnley for Rodriguez and Dawson.

Albion are also demanding £15 million for winger Matt Phillips, who has also been on Burnley’s radar and that of Championship side Middlesbrough. Dyche is also on the lookout for a goalkeeper.

Sean obviously frustrated.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...er-sean-dyche/

The BBC takes that up
    Burnley manager Sean Dyche says the club must spend in the transfer market just to "keep up" with other Premier League sides.

He suggested that the club needed to show more financial ambition.

"The challenge is opening the club's mind enough keep up. The market will outrun you at some point," he said.

"Stretch and not break, that's the idea. It's not easy.

"We have a business model, but it makes it very tough. The chairman wants to back the club but can only back it to a certain level unless it rips up the whole structure of the club.

"I understand it. But my football head says 'give me the money and I'll go and spend it'."
    Last edited by oldcolner; 02-08-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Given Sean’s keenness to build Barnfield I wonder why he doesn’t hint we are trying to grow our own as that is also part of the business model and the one we have succeeded with buying youngsters and bringing them on.
    It’s the one we can afford at least with failures being low risk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    500 posts and we are still waiting, but so are Spurs and Palace fans, so we are not alone!
    We might not be alone but they have bigger squads to start with

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Palace seem to have broken their duck today - see alto on completed transfer thread

A sense of perspective perhaps..?

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.c...25442103383188

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    We might not be alone but they have bigger squads to start with
    Bigger and better.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Bigger and better.
    Yet we still took points off them, funny old game is football.

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)