+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Ah well at least you looked first. I think you’re being harsh considering the mass of information beyond a players stated value.
    The press use it all the time as there’s nothing else, or maybe you use another that’s passed me and them by Alto.
    I’ll still use it and you and Sinkov can just ignore it.
    No I wont ignore it, it makes me think about it Colner

£4m and £2-4m aren’t close then for Nahki Sinkov.
    £11m was Leeds attempt to prise Vydra away so is over valued. TMs £7.2 m figure seems reasonable to me given it was based on his value before Leeds got involved,
    But you will never believe TM on principle.
    As it’s a loan for Nahki, assuming that’s gone through, his sale value might depend on how well he plays for them.
    I was talking about the difference OC, which is what we would have to pay Derby in the event of a deal, TM have it at £3.2m, in the real world it will be more than double that, somewhere between £7m-£9m.

"But you will never believe TM on principle." I don't know why you feel the need to lie OC, I find some of their valuations ludicrous, some realistic, but I don't disbelieve them on principle. You've put up their Burnley valuations and I said I agreed with most of them. You must know this, you can check back on it, so why make stuff up ?

So you think the TM figure of £7m is more 'reasonable' than the Leeds offer of £11m ? Surely you cannot be serious. This is the real world we're talking about now, where a real club, Leeds, has offered to pay real money, £11m for Vydra. That therefore is his value, his real, actual, true value, what a club will pay for him in real terms, not some fantasy figure on a football fan's website. Honestly OC I am, for once, almost speechless.

I’ll still use it and you and Sinkov can just ignore it.
    There you go again OC, I don't ignore it and I've never even criticised it, I check it out occasionally and, as you say, there's some good, useful stuff on there. I just find some of their player valuations laughable, that's all.

One you could try
    The Switzerland-based CIES Football Observatory has published its list of the most valuable players in world football. The list takes into account age, ability, length of contract and players' marketability to give a value "which is taken seriously at the Premier League and its leading clubs,"

All of these valuations, even mine, are pure speculation OC, educated guesswork at best. The only real valuations are what clubs buy and sell for. If Leeds and Derby agree on £11m for Vydra then that's his value, if Burnley and Boro agree on £15m for Gibson then that's his value. Nothing else matters, and until the next time a player moves for a fee we can only use educated guesswork. I think the really tricky ones are players like Andre Gray and Michael Keane. We have a good idea what their value was a year ago, but what would they go for now. I wouldn't have a clue.

Vydra gets 3 years

Deal accelerated perhaps to be eligible for Thursday?

Sean Dyche continued his last minute recruitment drive on Tuesday night by snapping up Derby County goalscorer Matej Vydra for £11million.

Fresh from completing the £3.5m transfer of Joe Hart from Manchester City, the Burnley manager accelerated the deal for Derby's Vydra with a deal that is expected to see Nahki Wells move the other way on an initial loan.

Dyche had been expected to return to West Brom with an improved bid for Jay Rodriguez but has held off so far.

However, not content there, Dyche has also discussed a potential £15m deal for Everton's Yannick Bolasie but the Congo international's £70,000-a-week wages could yet prove the stumbling block.

Crystal Palace and Middlesbrough have also asked about the 29-year-old.

Middlesbrough hold an interest in Burnley striker Sam Vokes but face competition from a number of Championship clubs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...tej-Vydra.html

Have we won the lottery??

Vydra gets 3 years

Deal accelerated perhaps to be eligible for Thursday?
    I thought Vydra was recovering from an op Colner ?

Wasn't that Clucas Alto ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    All of these valuations, even mine, are pure speculation OC, educated guesswork at best. The only real valuations are what clubs buy and sell for. If Leeds and Derby agree on £11m for Vydra then that's his value, if Burnley and Boro agree on £15m for Gibson then that's his value. Nothing else matters, and until the next time a player moves for a fee we can only use educated guesswork. I think the really tricky ones are players like Andre Gray and Michael Keane. We have a good idea what their value was a year ago, but what would they go for now. I wouldn't have a clue.
    Sinkov
    The issue i focus on is what is their insurance value if they are crocked. That’s not what we paid for them or what we might get for them if they are in demand at the end of a transfer window to a club with lots of money, but a fair value over the year that would give us an equivalent player in the current market.

I was amazed to see the Swiss valuation (see post 664) put Santiago Cazorla in the top 20 MVPs at £30m whilst TM values him at £2.2m. It may be the Swiss photo I saw was a year old before he left Arsenal

I suspect Vydras value will now rise on TM to reflect his new fee in a short while.

Just checked

he’s now in our squad valued at £8m up from £7.2m 5 hours ago. Lol

All these figures OC, my head's spinning, I can't take any more, I'm going to bed. With three deals done and possibly more to come, I think I'll sleep OK tonight.

Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)