+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I see on Sky Sports news Jason Shackell being a free agent has given Lincoln City his services
    Must have IMPressed them ! Lol

Half way through the transfer window I predicted we would end up with no experienced PL players-maybe a couple of Championship players and maybe a player from the Continent.
    We have signed 2 Championship players and a PL goalkeeper that nobody else would want after his performances over the last 2-3 seasons.Very underwhelming considering we were only going to sign players who could "improve the group.”
    Can somebody explain how any of the three signings are better than what we already have? We are just making up numbers again and it will come back to bite us.No creative midfielder,no quick winger, and no proven PL goalscorer.Our recruitment team is a joke or our board are too cautious.I truly feel this was a chance to improve the squad-if not now then when?

Late ones

Fulham set to sign £22.3m midfielder Anguissa; also complete deals for Rico (Sevilla), Bryan (Bristol City) and Vietto

Leicester sign Benkovic from Dinamo Zagreb and agree deal for Soyuncu from Freiburg

Harry Arter moves to Cardiff on loan.

Newcastle land Federico Fernandez on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Ings and Austin at Southampton? Not bad. Will be bitter sweet to watch on Sunday if they both turn out. If either of them score, or more importantly, Burnley win, I could be in for a night's entertainment (1030pm Sunday night in Australia, pull a sickie on Monday?)

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Half way through the transfer window I predicted we would end up with no experienced PL players-maybe a couple of Championship players and maybe a player from the Continent.
    We have signed 2 Championship players and a PL goalkeeper that nobody else would want after his performances over the last 2-3 seasons.Very underwhelming considering we were only going to sign players who could "improve the group.”
    Can somebody explain how any of the three signings are better than what we already have? We are just making up numbers again and it will come back to bite us.No creative midfielder,no quick winger, and no proven PL goalscorer.Our recruitment team is a joke or our board are too cautious.I truly feel this was a chance to improve the squad-if not now then when?
    I make you right CIB, we struggled past Aberdeen over 2 legs, we looked anything but Premiership tonight against Basaksehir, all be it with injuries, but there you go as injuries and suspensions may catch up with us at any time through the season and if it does we will be in DEEP trouble.

And before anyone states wages, agents, fees, or even unlikable town or little old Burnley, nothing has changed over the last 3 years, yes transfers and wages have gone through the roof, but so has our dry powder room and we have had months to make this window work in our favour, but we are still dross in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I make you right CIB, we struggled past Aberdeen over 2 legs, we looked anything but Premiership tonight against Basaksehir, all be it with injuries, but there you go as injuries and suspensions may catch up with us at any time through the season and if it does we will be in DEEP trouble.

And before anyone states wages, agents, fees, or even unlikable town or little old Burnley, nothing has changed over the last 3 years, yes transfers and wages have gone through the roof, but so has our dry powder room and we have had months to make this window work in our favour, but we are still dross in that department.
    I still cannot believe we do it window after window Alto.Sooner or later it will have repercussions and sooner or later SD will realise he has taken us as far as he can and he will move on at the first good opportunity.I for one would not blame him.Forget all this he has bought into it bull****.He is ambitious and our board are not.

More late deals
    Fulham announced five players, all after the deadline - Marseille midfielder Andre-Frank Anguissa in a £22.3m deal, Bristol City left-back Joe Bryan for £6m and Sergio Rico, Luciano Vietto and Timothy Fosu-Mensah on loan. That made them the first promoted team ever to spend over £100m in the summer. [B]WOW[
    Last edited by oldcolner; 09-08-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Final transactions in time order of annnouncement from BBC

20:30 Danny Ings [Liverpool - Southampton] Loan

20:20 Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa [Marseille - Fulham] £22.3m

20:20 Timothy Fosu-Mensah [Man Utd - Fulham] Loan

20:02 Andre Gomes [Barcelona - Everton] Loan

20:02 Yerry Mina [Barcelona - Everton] £27.19m

19:21 Domingos Quina [West Ham - Watford] Undisclosed

19:01 Luciano Vietto [Atletico Madrid - Fulham] Loan

18:59 Martin Montoya [Valencia - Brighton] Undisclosed

18:00 Jordan Ayew [Swansea - Crystal Palace] Loan

17:40 Joe Bryan [Bristol City - Fulham] £6m

17:18 Sergio Rico [Sevilla - Fulham] Loan

17:15 Peter Gwargis [Jonkopings Sodra IF - Brighton] Undisclosed

17:01 Isaac Mbenza [Montpellier - Huddersfield] Loan

17:00 Carlos Sanchez [Fiorentina - West Ham] Undisclosed

16:59 Dan Burn [Wigan - Brighton] Undisclosed*

*Burn will return to Wigan on loan until January 2019

16:50 Bernard [Shakhtar Donetsk - Everton] Free

14:30 Leander Dendoncker [Anderlecht - Wolves] Loan

13:00 Victor Camarasa [Real Betis - Cardiff] Loan

10:45 Filip Benkovic [Dinamo Zagreb - Leicester] Undisclosed

10.31 Lucas Perez [Arsenal - West Ham] Undisclosed

10:02 Mateo Kovacic [Real Madrid - Chelsea] Loan

08:06 Daniel Arzani [Melbourne City - Manchester City] Undisclosed

Our PL targets of Dawson,JayRod,Mawson and Clucas never materialised as I predicted.It is becoming quite obvious that contrary to a lot of claret tinted opinions on here that it is us that are difficult to deal with and not the selling clubs.You can go back to Notts Forest and the Lansbury debacle where everybody said Forest are to blame,now it is WBA that are to blame for JayRod and Dawson,then Swansea were to blame for Clucas and Mawson.
    I for one do not buy it.WBA said from the day one they do not need to sell either Dawson or JayRod but we persisted with the familiar insulting bids that if anything annoy the seller and make them more determined to not to give any leeway from their original valuation.Yet we persist in 2 or 3 more offers below the valuation just waisting valuable time in the window.Mawson was signed by Fulham within a couple of days.Clucas has gone to Stoke for less than we offered.Who do you think is difficult to deal with.

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)