+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

I have no complaints with the use of video in cricket, everything is black and white, tennis --again black and white and also rugby which is mainly to look at grounding, possible obstruction and in or out of touch ---balck and white. Unfortunately, apart from goal line technology, which is good, and offside nothing else that they are using VAR for in football is black and white, it is all about opinions and VAR is just another opinion, as was seen in the World Cup Final when the referee correctly awarded a corner when the ball struck the hand but was then coerced into changing his decision, even to the extent that he reviewed it and was happily walking away until he was obviously instructed to go back again for a further look and this resulted in a penalty.
    Where was the VAR when Griezmann was diving around to get the free kick leading to the first goal?

The officials jobs are being made more difficult these days because players are finding new ways to cheat and are being encouraged to do so by their managers ---very sad game

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    My post was not aimed at you Sinkov, the one's who seem to protect and praise Garlick and co know who they are.
    No, I know that Alto, but I don't have much of a gripe with Garlick to be honest. We've spent a lot of money over the last couple of years, we could have spent a bit more as we're making a profit, but I don't blame him for us continually missing our targets. Was it Garlick who insisted we offer WBA less for Jay than we got for Gray ? Was it Garlick who said we should hang on for Jay all summer ? Was it Garlick who decided to go back in for Jay just before the deadline, with another offer below WBA's price, which they were always going to knock back ? I don't think it was. My criticism of him would be that he's been lax in not sorting out whoever is responsible for our shambolic transfer dealings over the last 3/4 years. Lansbury, Dawson, Stephens, Clucas, Rodriguez we know about, add to that the four we don't know about who Sean mentioned, how many more before someone's head rolls ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, I know that Alto, but I don't have much of a gripe with Garlick to be honest. We've spent a lot of money over the last couple of years, we could have spent a bit more as we're making a profit, but I don't blame him for us continually missing our targets. Was it Garlick who insisted we offer WBA less for Jay than we got for Gray ? Was it Garlick who said we should hang on for Jay all summer ? Was it Garlick who decided to go back in for Jay just before the deadline, with another offer below WBA's price, which they were always going to knock back ? I don't think it was. My criticism of him would be that he's been lax in not sorting out whoever is responsible for our shambolic transfer dealings over the last 3/4 years. Lansbury, Dawson, Stephens, Clucas, Rodriguez we know about, add to that the four we don't know about who Sean mentioned, how many more before someone's head rolls ?
    Yep ,....Said it many times,...We need investment,...How long can Garlick, spray water over the Dry powder shed, and keep it contained??
    We have to move on!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Yep ,....Said it many times,...We need investment,...How long can Garlick, spray water over the Dry powder shed, and keep it contained??
    We have to move on!!
    No we don't!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No we don't!
    Sorry BT, But i think we do,...Just to survive in the PREM.

No good being the richest club in the Championship / League 1 ..and still punching above our weight surely ?

Football has moved on,..While we seem to be still holding on to the first step of the ladder,.and not keeping up!

Yes, it is Frustrating , But I would like us to make a fist of it,..Like all other clubs would. There are risks for sure,..But surely we could afford a calculated risk..

We have just spent £30million in adding a high class goalkeeper & defender plus a very promising forward.We also have young players coming through.I think the Board and Manager are dealing very well with what is a difficult market.

Fair comment Barrie,

Posted elsewhere on today’s news thread
    Liverpool have to pay us £2.3m when Danny is sold next summer when his loan period ends.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It really isn't to us mere mortals CiB, but there must be something going on we don't know?

My understanding is that the buying club pay the selling club over instalments based on the length of contract. Mike Ashley at NUFC always insists on paying the whole amount upfront and wants a discount, but that's a different matter!

Wages, N.I. costs and agents fees all have to be agreed, but like you say CiB it's hardly fcuking rocket science is it? For the life in me I cannot understand why the Jay Rod deal fell apart.
    From what I understand regarding a transfer deal,firstly you have to agree a fee with the selling club.Deal making involves a bit of psychology.We far too often begin with derisory offers which if I was the selling club would simply make me more determined to stick to my valuation especially when the selling club is not in a position where they need to sell.We then incrementally increase the offer making the situation worse.It was patently obvious that WBA were not stuck for the money and we needed the player-and the player wanted to leave.All the leverage was in WBA`s favour.If we had gone in with a respectable offer as I suggested it might have been accepted.However after our derisory offers were made then the only price WBA were going to sell at was their valuation.It was blindingly obvious weeks before the deadline.If BFC want my services I would be glad to oblige.....

Stéphane Mbia is a Cameroon international who can play as a defensive midfielder or in the back four. He is now without a club after he was released by Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune, and is a free agent.

We are said to have contacted his agent

Lampard playing down Nahki loan but QPR fancying him

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)