+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Stéphane Mbia is a Cameroon international who can play as a defensive midfielder or in the back four. He is now without a club after he was released by Chinese Super League side Hebei China Fortune, and is a free agent.

We are said to have contacted his agent
    This seems to have disappeared so maybe a spoof!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    This seems to have disappeared so maybe a spoof!
    A lot who we seem to be interested in seem to disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    A lot who we seem to be interested in seem to disappear
    It's sinkov's Gawthorpe Black Hole Alto! Be afraid, be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No, I know that Alto, but I don't have much of a gripe with Garlick to be honest. We've spent a lot of money over the last couple of years, we could have spent a bit more as we're making a profit, but I don't blame him for us continually missing our targets. Was it Garlick who insisted we offer WBA less for Jay than we got for Gray ? Was it Garlick who said we should hang on for Jay all summer ? Was it Garlick who decided to go back in for Jay just before the deadline, with another offer below WBA's price, which they were always going to knock back ? I don't think it was. My criticism of him would be that he's been lax in not sorting out whoever is responsible for our shambolic transfer dealings over the last 3/4 years. Lansbury, Dawson, Stephens, Clucas, Rodriguez we know about, add to that the four we don't know about who Sean mentioned, how many more before someone's head rolls ?
    Dyche said this, “I think that’s a good feeling to have and in a market that’s very tough, the deal was refreshingly conducted in a really straight-forward and simple manner by all parties – the player, the agent and Derby County.”

He said pretty much the same thing with the Gibson signing from Middlesbrough. Do you think he is pissed off with WBA?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dyche said this, “I think that’s a good feeling to have and in a market that’s very tough, the deal was refreshingly conducted in a really straight-forward and simple manner by all parties – the player, the agent and Derby County.”

He said pretty much the same thing with the Gibson signing from Middlesbrough. Do you think he is pissed off with WBA?

It seems not BT, or why would we have been back in for Jay last week ? A lot on this msgboard are well aware of what it's like to deal with WBA, either BFC isn't, or there are people at Turf Moor who enjoy banging their heads against a brick wall.

A strange one for sure sinkov. Just about everyone one on here would have agreed personal terms with Jay Rod and stumped up £20 million and got it done.

Perhaps it really is not that simple?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A strange one for sure sinkov. Just about everyone one on here would have agreed personal terms with Jay Rod and stumped up £20 million and got it done.

Perhaps it really is not that simple?
    There’s a fly in the ointment somewhere - club, player, agent, a bit galling to see he got 2 yesterday so his price will be going up at this rate.

“I think that’s a good feeling to have and in a market that’s very tough, the deal was refreshingly conducted in a really straight-forward and simple manner by all parties – the player, the agent and Derby County.”

He said pretty much the same thing with the Gibson signing from Middlesbrough.

Reading from what Dyche says above, both players went through smoothly without any hitch, so I'd say at most it took 7 days from start to finish, so I'd gather from that they both were not immediately wanted, so which ones got away ?

How you manage to insert negativity into three good inbounds amazes me Alto.

I'm at a loss to explain why we did not sign Jay Rod, but SD implies that some clubs are a whole lot easier to deal with than others.

Why take it as a negative, its an observation from what SD has stated BT.

SD would imply that some Clubs are hard to deal with wouldn't he ? it takes the heat off us, whatever the reasons the bottom line is we should have got more because the team needed it.

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)