+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

January Transfer Window Talk

The window starts on Thursday 17th May

Get ready for the action ..... on August 8th!!

From Sky
    The Premier League will this week confirm that the summer transfer window will open on the earlier date of Thursday May 17 to fall into line with FIFA rules.

The regulations of the world's governing body state that every league must have at least one transfer window in a calendar year that lasts for 12 weeks.

It was agreed earlier this season that the window would close on August 9, instead of the usual August 31, to allow clubs to avoid disruption to their squads once the league season has kicked off on August 11.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 15-05-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Not sure we will have to wait until August 8th OC.

We now have FIVE players right in our sights.

Terms still to be finalised and fees agreed, but I expect FOUR of them on board within the next month!

This comes from a really good "source" who is not often way off the mark.

Sadly, two more senior players are leaving, which means we need at least another two, to add to the four potential inbounds.

I'll bet SD is not enjoying his "rest"?

West Ham want Tom to replace Hart

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/15...ts-replacemen/

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not sure we will have to wait until August 8th OC.

We now have FIVE players right in our sights.

Terms still to be finalised and fees agreed, but I expect FOUR of them on board within the next month!

This comes from a really good "source" who is not often way off the mark.

Sadly, two more senior players are leaving, which means we need at least another two, to add to the four potential inbounds.

I'll bet SD is not enjoying his "rest"?
    That’s encouraging - who is leaving Bardsley, Walters ..

You have already mentioned it OC.

Two previous stalwarts, Heaton and Mee.

If Mee goes we need two top class CBs in, that could be problematic, we couldn't even bring one in last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Bloody hell, I could replace Hart, now where is that Olympic Stadium........

Bloody hell, that's funny Alto!

From your house, go east three miles, straight north for two more and then just look for the signs...

Transfermarkt values Tom at £4m and Ben at £8m so I guess we should expect £15-£20m for Tom with 2 years left and £25-35m for Ben with one year.
    West Ham stories value Tom at £10m so they are going to need to up that a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Bloody hell, I could replace Hart...

Despite the injury and lack of game time since, Tom's surely still worth way more than £10M?

"That’s encouraging - who is leaving Bardsley, Walters" I liked that one too!

"If Mee goes we need two top class CBs in...we couldn't even bring one in last summer." How hard did we actually try? With the benefit of hindsight, I'd suggest that SD had far more confidence in Tarks last May than the rest of us? In addition, in the summer of 2017 'class' players and their Agents too probably saw Burnley as a major relegation risk, I expect Turf Moor will look a much more attractive destination to them this summer.

Page 1 of 87 1231151 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)