+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Can't be BT's Marquee signing CiB, this one doesn't break our transfer record.

Meanwhile, the Clarets are cooling on West Brom’s Craig Dawson.
    Dyche has been keen on the centre-half but the £20m fee is too high. And word is reaching Burnley that Dawson is looking for around £75,000 a week.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...lucas-swansea/

Greedy baggie. Enjoy the Championship.

Clucas said to be on £25k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seems like Kyle Bartley from Swansea to WBA is going through. This should make Dawson to Burnley a more likely proposition, shouldn't it ?
    Not at £75,000 a week, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Negotiations are apparently still ongoing with the Baggies which baffles me. If they carry on in their usual manner we will end up with no Dawson and no Jay Rod and the clock is ticking.

Conflicting rumours however, suggest that a deal for Jay Rod has been agreed, but like SD has just said, it ain't done until the contracts are signed.
    Burnley might think "talks are ongoing" but West Brom are just getting on with making new signings and preparing to get promotion back to the PL at the first attempt. Their attitude is that Dawson will still be their player come August 9 unless their valuation is met. They certainly have no need (financial) to sell him before August 9 (deadline day for PL...West Brom can still get loans until August 31).

Didn't we pay over the odds when we got Hendrick at the last minute because we'd wasted all summer trying to get No 1 target Dale Stephens? Stephens finally put in a transfer request on deadline day, Burnley reluctantly agreed to pay the original asking price of £7 million only for Brighton owner Tony Bloom to block the deal because there was insufficient time to sign a replacement.

Also, West Brom know Burnley have vast cash reserves built up over the last two years.
    Last edited by lancyclaret; 16-07-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Although I rate Clucas-I just hope this is not the one which will supposedly make us swoon BT?
    I'd rather have the player in the background of that pic...Grosicki.

Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
    I'd rather have the player in the background of that pic...Grosicki.
    Clucas came out of left field (somewhat appropriately), our transfer record "smasher" is obviously not Sam Clucas.

Rumours suggest we may well lose Mee and Vokes, so SD obviously needs to get these "possibles" over the line and into Barnfield pdq.

No suggestion that Walters is eager to move either!

Does anyone know about the fitness of Brady, Tarks, Defour and JBG?

Will they be available for the Southampton game? (I'm not worried about Aberdeen).

And surely it's about time that the Mee situation is resolved - otherwise we will be looking for TWO decent central defenders...and the clock is ticking down.

Dean Marney now training at Villa and Ross Wallace at Wigan

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Does anyone know about the fitness of Brady, Tarks, Defour and JBG?

Will they be available for the Southampton game? (I'm not worried about Aberdeen).

And surely it's about time that the Mee situation is resolved - otherwise we will be looking for TWO decent central defenders...and the clock is ticking down.
    Ben played first half, Tarks played the second half in Cork, Defour tweaked a calf muscle before the game, Brady was in Cork but didn’t play either. Supposedly back end of July. Matt has a groin strain.

https://www.physioroom.com/news/engl..._table.php#c38

Burnley Express say Johann Berg Gudmundsson is back with the squad this week after the World Cup at the end of this.
    https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...rget-1-9253272
    Last edited by oldcolner; 16-07-2018 at 01:15 PM.

I wonder how far Dunne, Agyei and O'Neill are off EPL standard?

Anyone seen any of them play recently?

Page 29 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)