+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Sub, I always enjoy reading your posts with respect, I admire some of your responses, but your above one leaves me with my mouth wide open.

Its a message board to vent frustration, swap idea's and have banter with each other, I don't expect all to agree with my views, in fact I like a different slant on things with different opinions.

Your mantra on here has always been don't worry about it, it will happen/not happen regardless, which again frustrates me as I have said above, its a message board, if we don't complain, react and have a view then non of us should be on here.

"ring, write or go to the person" Sure I'll write to May and tell her what a terrible job she is doing with Brexit, I'll write to our police force and tell them to stop worrying about what folk say about other people looking like letter box's and start working on real crime, I'll phone the leaders of Israel and tell them its disgusting bombing Palestine, I'll write and phone Garlick and ask him what the hell is going on, do you think for one moment any of the above would make a difference ?
    alto --surely it would make you feel better because you would have got it off your chest rather than getting frustrated at what does or does not happen. You could get all those of similar mind to sign a petition as this seems to be the modern way.

They should have said to WBA at the beginning-if you want 20m we will give you 18m and you have 72 hours to make a decision.Then move on-not rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    They should have said to WBA at the beginning-if you want 20m we will give you 18m and you have 72 hours to make a decision.Then move on-not rocket science is it?
    It really isn't to us mere mortals CiB, but there must be something going on we don't know?

My understanding is that the buying club pay the selling club over instalments based on the length of contract. Mike Ashley at NUFC always insists on paying the whole amount upfront and wants a discount, but that's a different matter!

Wages, N.I. costs and agents fees all have to be agreed, but like you say CiB it's hardly fcuking rocket science is it? For the life in me I cannot understand why the Jay Rod deal fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    alto --surely it would make you feel better because you would have got it off your chest rather than getting frustrated at what does or does not happen. You could get all those of similar mind to sign a petition as this seems to be the modern way.
    Petitions ? Now you are having a laugh, Are you sure you and 59-60 are not working together

I don't like the modern way, the old fashioned way was not free of controversy, but the new way is full to bursting with bare faced lies, deceit, fraud, self preservation, too much PC with no regard to fellow men and 9 times out of 10 walking away without having to answer for anything.

I get it off my chest on here like a few others, I enjoy the banter with posters of different views, that's what the forum is here for and that is how I use it.

Well, alto, we both agree about petitions, that's for sure.
    If it does you good to rant and rave on here then I have no problem with that, as long as you don't want me to do the same.

It is only a game of football when all is said and done and I have seen the best days and the worst of it over the 67 seasons I have been watching so forgive me if I don't get uptight about a game which is fast losing its glamour as far as I am concerned.
    I am sure that VAR will be introduced into the PL next season and I shall not renew my season ticket when that happens, however, it is what the modern fan wants to see, therefore, that is what will happen.

You just have to face it --we must be getting old!!

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Petitions ? Now you are having a laugh, Are you sure you and 59-60 are not working together

I don't like the modern way, the old fashioned way was not free of controversy, but the new way is full to bursting with bare faced lies, deceit, fraud, self preservation, too much PC with no regard to fellow men and 9 times out of 10 walking away without having to answer for anything.

I get it off my chest on here like a few others, I enjoy the banter with posters of different views, that's what the forum is here for and that is how I use it.
    I can tell you with a 100% certainty that Clarets Mad is read by some of the staff at Burnley Football Club. Trust me on this one, the top brass are not daft and know just how much the fans will tolerate.

First mention of Vokes being off-loaded to WBA, the fans were in uproar across all the forums. Consequently, the deal died and I am sure the supporters reaction had a lot to do with it.

So you keep on airing your opinions Alto, I find them strange but you obviously enjoy the banter with posters of different views and like you say, that's what the forum is here for. I just hope Mike doesn't read it!

Yes me also having had more downs than up's, travelling in dangerous transport contraption's to faraway undesirable grounds in the dead of night knowing that we would get beat.

I have always carried BFC on my back like a hump, I care greatly for my friends, family and my hobbies, but I look forward with great anticipation to a BFC game, even if I don't go to many games nowadays its still in my blood and my support will never waver regardless of my seemingly negative comments sometimes.

We may be getting old Sub, but that is not what is wrong with our great game of Football, between them Sky and the FA have totally torn it to pieces with a little help from FIFA, we know how it used to be, you as well as me can still smell it, and the great days will never return.

I admire your stance on VAR, you are a better man than me to give it up for that or anything else as I would or cannot, I'll just keep on moaning

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I just hope Mike doesn't read it!
    I know, like me you have had a few Marriages BT, but I didn't know you was in bed with him as well

alto --I agree entirely with your sentiments about the game being torn apart becuase of the actions of a few!
    I will still go to the occasional game and will still continue to support the Clarets because, like you, it is in my blood, however, my stance about VAR is very much from an administrative view as an ex-player and official. All they are doing is introducing another opinion on something which, in the main, is not black and white. The officials on the pitch have a 'feel' for the game and what is actually happening on the pitch including the banter etc. between players. The fans are not even aware of quite a lot that goes on and the thought of someone watching a video screen, totally divorced from the action, telling another official that he may be wrong is horrific and does nothing for the game. It is very much media driven though, so it must be a great thing ----mustn't it?

I don't agree with VAR, but for different reasons than you Sub.

Its done wonders for Cricket, different game I know, but again its done as well in Rugby.

I understand what you say in relation to taking the control from the Ref, but there are many things he actually cannot see (or his linesman), plus Refereeing decisions IMO have been getting worse over the last few years, one which stands out being an obvious foul who Mike Dean did not see with an open view from 8 yards away, yet the Ref's Ref on Sky (forget his name) came out with the stupid remark of "The Ref was too close", coupled with Ref's not reading from the same rule book, and I don't believe "things even out over the season" excuse.

I know and understand being a Ref is a very hard job, but a lot are not very good, plus they tried doing something with linesmen at each side of the goal a few years ago, yet they stood there like dummies doing sweet FA.

Not only VAR, but I believe the players themselves are letting the game go to rack and ruin with fake acting trying to get their fellow professionals into trouble by diving and rolling around like they have been shot, a good strong governing body would stamp this out with fines and bans, but not the FA, they are happy letting it continue with just enough movement to make everyone feel they are doing something when in fact they don't give a toss.

Media driven or not, they are the FA and should do all it can to make it fairer, even and honest, all these things are not the problem, the problem is the FA and all the others.

I still believe VAR can be a good thing, but I'd like the system as in Cricket, 3 Reviews from each captain for anything, but as well as that the FA need to get the Ref's reading from the same sheet and being better than what they are at the moment, as we look forward to another season you can guarantee it will be spoilt some way or the other.

Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)