+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

BT
    Lots to see and do there if we beat the Turks and you can get tickets.
    My Fulham trip puts the mockers on going.
    They play in Piraeus but it’s only 45 mins away on the metro. A bit like Southampton with all the ships.

I've never been to Greece OC! Time to go methinks!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I quite enjoyed the trip to Southampton, we had three days there, so was hoping to do a few more away games. My wife even enjoyed the game! The away end wasn’t full.
    Managed to get some tickets for Fulham so going to do the same in London and see a few shows. That’ll be it for a while I suspect.
    I used to go to away games with the missus OC, we'd have a couple nights away, or make a weekend of it, all very enjoyable. Then the standing up became more and more prevalent, it became a lottery whether you'd have to stand or not, and the missus can't stand for more than 10/15 minutes, so we stopped going. Were you able to remain seated at Southampton, if I could guarantee sitting down we'd go again but you just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I used to go to away games with the missus OC, we'd have a couple nights away, or make a weekend of it, all very enjoyable. Then the standing up became more and more prevalent, it became a lottery whether you'd have to stand or not, and the missus can't stand for more than 10/15 minutes, so we stopped going. Were you able to remain seated at Southampton, if I could guarantee sitting down we'd go again but you just can't.
    Yes BT no problems at all, very short amounts of standing as you got a clear view of the whole pitch, the stands had a good rake on them too and the tickets were clearly marked no persistent standing. A few tried and stewards were quick on them but I think a few got away with it at the back of the stand. We even had seats next to an aisle so a totally clear views.
    Put St Mary’s on your list as a possible. No trouble with any of their fans either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've never been to Greece OC! Time to go methinks!
    We had a few days in Athens post cruise 10 years ago, lots of history and we were near Syntagma square opposite their Parliament as the cruise line had a block booking. I couldn’t afford it myself!
    Most tourist places were within walking distance, the Parthenon was a bit of a walk.
    If you get the chance to go it’s definitely worth it.

Seems like we missed another one in the transfer window that we knew nothing about

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...y/?ref=mr&lp=9

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Seems like we missed another one in the transfer window that we knew nothing about

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...y/?ref=mr&lp=9
    If at first you don't succeed...

Yes a last minute effort the media missed. Sounds like the club want shut and he will go to a European club.

Back to Oz for Aidan
    The Central Coast Mariners have secured the services of 20-year-old midfielder Aiden O’Neill who will join the Club on loan from English Premier League outfit, Burnley FC.
    https://www.a-league.com.au/news/mar...oneill-burnley

I thought we should keep the thread alive for reference purposes and move it forward to January?

We definitely need another winger and another genuine box to box midfielder. I have already emailed this entire thread to Dave Baldwin and told him to get his finger out!

Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)