+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I still cannot believe we do it window after window Alto.Sooner or later it will have repercussions and sooner or later SD will realise he has taken us as far as he can and he will move on at the first good opportunity.I for one would not blame him.Forget all this he has bought into it bull****.He is ambitious and our board are not.
    I wonder if Spurs fans are saying the same or worse? Lol
    They couldn’t pass a thing!

That second hand car salesman called Mike Garlick

Yes CiB, we are difficult to deal with because we will not pay the stupid amounts that other clubs are willing to pay whether it be transfer fees or wages. Mawson went to a club down the road from where he was brought up rather than come north to Burnley and no doubt he is on siilly money for going there. Clucas did not sign for us and none of us are sure whether it was medical or personal terms, however, he has gone to Stoke for a reduced fee which I find rather strange as Swansea must have been desperate to get rid of him.

You are dissatisfied with what has happened, therefore, make your feelings known to the Club by contacting the Chief Executive. I am sure that they will provde a reply if both yourself and alto make your feelings known, in fact, why not canvass for all the other fans who are dissatisfied to get in touch with you so that you can add their names to your complaint.
    It is no good complaining to us fans because we are unable to do anything about it, unless we add our name to your complainants and, as I am not too concerned what happens at Burnley FC because I have no say in it, I am not willing to complain about who we do or do not sign.

The football world is out of control as far as finance is concerned and we are not in a position to compete with the mega rich, that is life.

CiB
    Mawson was signed by Fulham within a couple of days.Clucas has gone to Stoke for less than we offered.Who do you think is difficult to deal with.

Fulham have spent £100m and signed 12 new players. Is that what you expect CiB
    It’s going to be chaotic there trying to find and blend a team given the massive disruption that will result. A few losses and the manager and club will be under immediate pressure. I hope we can help them in that regard!

Today we had 17 fit players, Hart got a clean sheet, the defence was solid. Boring yes but workmanlike, Sean managed the squad we had well saving Barnes and iceman, Sam got 30 mins Lennon got some game time. Let’s see how Gibson and Vydra compliment the group before griping too much.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    CiB
    Mawson was signed by Fulham within a couple of days.Clucas has gone to Stoke for less than we offered.Who do you think is difficult to deal with.

Fulham have spent £100m and signed 12 new players. Is that what you expect CiB
    It’s going to be chaotic there trying to find and blend a team given the massive disruption that will result. A few losses and the manager and club will be under immediate pressure. I hope we can help them in that regard!

Today we had 17 fit players, Hart got a clean sheet, the defence was solid. Boring yes but workmanlike, Sean managed the squad we had well saving Barnes and iceman, Sam got 30 mins Lennon got some game time. Let’s see how Gibson and Vydra compliment the group before griping too much.
    My gripe is with incompetence.If we know that the selling club has said they will stick to their valuation then why pursue the players when we are not prepared to pay that valuation and/or their wage demands.Why not say we cannot afford PL players and we have to sign Championship players and hope they will be able to cut it in the PL.

Sometimes its like CIB.

We all want what is best for our Club in the long run and we are all Managers and Chairman from week to week, we just see things differently, me and you and a few more are of the same mind CIB, neither is right or wrong, just differences of opinions even if the others are wrong

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    My gripe is with incompetence.If we know that the selling club has said they will stick to their valuation then why pursue the players when we are not prepared to pay that valuation and/or their wage demands.Why not say we cannot afford PL players and we have to sign Championship players and hope they will be able to cut it in the PL.
    Never give your hand away! We do pay PL wages, they just don’t attract many other PL players as Sean hinted when he said there were 4 players almost over the line only to change their minds at the last minute. Vydra was a PL player for WBA and Watford and played in Serie A and is a Czech international.

Most PL signings are not from the PL anyway if you look at the table on agreed transfers, they come from lower leagues or abroad.

Well of the three that signed for us,none them have dislocated shoulders.Hopefully all three of them are not prone to bites from strange
    creatures.

I think Gibson Hart & Vydra enhance our squad and I believe all three have Premier League experience.

Gibson, Hart & Vydra are brilliant additions to the group. A good winger and a creative midfielder we already have when Brady and Defour are fit.

We just needed to bulk up the squad and another winger and a creative midfielder would have been nice. On the good news front, no significant departures, three new players in, the Dry Powder Room is still fully stocked and Mee is staying. Not that bad is it?

Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)