+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window Talk

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I wonder how far Dunne, Agyei and O'Neill are off EPL standard?

Anyone seen any of them play recently?
    A million miles and no.

A few bits on Newsnow (Express & Star) saying Dawson might well be off to West Ham now Albion have signed Bartley and apparently put in a bid for Hefner (Huddersfield reserve CH). WBA also linked with Batth (Wolves).

Perhaps they have told West Ham they can have Dawson once the CH situation is sorted. A wage of £75k is well within the Hammers range but apparently they might be put off by the £20 million valuation.

We should have got a decent centre half sorted as soon as the window opened - especially with the Mee contract situation. Even if Mee had signed a new deal, we'd still be needing another back-up as well as Long.

If one or two CHs aren't in place before August 9, we might have to keep a disgruntled Mee until January. SD would not dare to start a season just with Tarkowski, Long and Dunne, would he? We'd be in the bottom three at Christmas.

I hope SOME TEAM signs Dawson quickly now. Then, Dyche can forget his obsession with CD and focus on getting an alternative CH. At the moment, the deadlock/impasse is harming us much more than WBA and it gets worse each passing hour as the deadline approaches.
    Last edited by lancyclaret; 16-07-2018 at 02:26 PM.

lancy --are you always so optimistic about everything?
    Football is just a game and not worth getting in a state about, particularly as they keep changing The Laws of the Game and introducing gimmicks like VAR to make the game better, in their opinion.
    If we are in the bottom three by Christmas we will then have 20 games to get further up the table and another transfer window to not sign any more players.
    I waken up in the morning and I am very happy ---can't ask for much more at 71 years old!

Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
    I'd rather have the player in the background of that pic...Grosicki.
    Me too Lancy.Player with a bit of flair and pace in abundance.Cant understand why he never arrived 2 years ago.

He must be good because he only started 22 matches in the Championship last season in a team which finished 18th.
    I think that he lacks consistency and it seemed to be well documented why he never arrived 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He must be good because he only started 22 matches in the Championship last season in a team which finished 18th.
    I think that he lacks consistency and it seemed to be well documented why he never arrived 2 years ago.
    In that case he is probably in our price range now.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    In that case he is probably in our price range now.
    Yes --but are his gambling debts within our budget?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Me too Lancy.Player with a bit of flair and pace in abundance.Cant understand why he never arrived 2 years ago.
    Could be Worse ,,..than hiring Ross and Dean,.,...Recruitement ,.....WHAT !!! ,..We have , How much are they on??
    #

Lost faith in our Chairman,....He could end up being as unpopular as BOB THE LORD.

Sean Dyche as far as I know from reliable "sources" has not yet gone to the Chairman cap in hand and said, "Please can I have..?

I'll bet he can be quite stubborn our Sean?

I have a mate who is ginger and he is exactly the same.

Attachment 10317

Can't wait for headline when Clucas arrives, "Ginger signs ginger".

Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)