+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO CT Miller

FAO CT Miller

CT, it must be desperately disappointing for you, logging in all the way from S.F. just to see the site littered with inane posts from equally inane people pretending to be 'fans' of the club. If a few of them could come up with intelligent usernames and interesting alter egos it may make life a little better, stimulation wise, for ex-pats and 'old campaigners' like you and me. Even if they borrowed from such as S.J. Perlman and Beachcomber it would be more acceptable, though I don't appreciate, personally, interjections from the Barnsley 'lads', especially when they reprimand and chide us about things that are none of their business. Animal springs r

Sorry CT, lost the rest of a longish post and can't remember the actual wording. It concerned team selection and formation for Wednesday evening, the Manfreds rocking Rotherham for the first time in 40 years with both Paul Jones and Mike D'abo on lead vocals, the hits followed by a blues/R&B session with Howlin Wolf's 'Smokestack Lightnin' being the stand-out track (I wasn't there myself) and a request for news of any contact with dear old Sugar. Hope he's fit and well and still regaling everyone with his anecdotes about seeing Larry Wildman Fischer selling his songs for a dime on Sunset Strip.

This is a sorry post, nothing like the original, but I hope you'll bear with me. Give Sugar my regards and I hope you're fit and well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilzal View Post
    Animal springs r
    ???
    Name:  springs.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  89.9 KB

Best wishes to Sugar Tiler

Many thanks for your messages, Zilzal. Regrettably I seem to be suffering from the same syndrome that causes you to loose posts. I responded at length and it simply disappeared into the ether. The essence of it was: I'm generally fine with the virtual world of MM and take pleasure from all its many forms. I believe Sugar Tiler is still out there in the world having seen his real name on various shared emails and Facebook posts. However I did send him a message a few days ago and haven't yet had a reply. On the music front I've been enjoying talks given by the excellent rock historian, Ritchie Unterberger, here in SF and my music related reading has been Ianthe McGuin's lightweight but fairly interesting memoir about her marriage to Roger and a brief but fascinating history of Mussel Shoals... And "Smokestack Lightening" is as good as it gets.

Hi CT, I received a very interesting book today, can't wait to calm down and read it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Hi CT, I received a very interesting book today, can't wait to calm down and read it :-)
    LOL! Let me know how you get on with it. (But, yes, get over today's match first!)

Believe you're going to the Wembley Final? Good man!

In other news, I had an email back from Sugar Tiler, today and all is well.

Assuming that's you on the front cover CT, we had the same barber

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Assuming that's you on the front cover CT, we had the same barber
    Lester Bird at the Brecks, CAM! Not sure he was still short, back and siding when you were growing up (though his son has a salon in town, I believe.)

How did you know about the cover?

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Lester Bird at the Brecks, CAM! Not sure he was still short, back and siding when you were growing up (though his son has a salon in town, I believe.)

How did you know about the cover?
    The WWW (especially Amazon) is a wonderful thing when you know someone's name and they've been hinting at a book release

If his salon was across from The Angel then that's where my Dad took me in the mid 60s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast