+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 strikers and a centre back

i think moore is an interesting one hes raw but is a handful and with all probability of us having a low budget could be worth a punt on but if we do sign him the other striker has to be proven in the championship for me

Moore bullied us in Rotherham friendly last year and again at Barnsley where if we had shown the 25 mins play all game and CW had organised the defence on how to hold on to a goal against Millwall and Cardiff we would have been in the play offs sorry still a bit frustrated because think we missed a great opportunity after a great season when youve been going to lane for 60 years you have to take your chances UTB

only 55 years for me woody but know what your saying we did miss a great chance the only consolation for me is that i very much doubt we would have got past fulham and villa and i think only way we would have made top 2 is if we had spent 3 times as much in january on signings and salaries for loan players going back to the physical cf matt smith would be my first choice if we had the spending power utb ftp

Agree Shoreham would still like the blades to scan the Belgium leagues there players seem to blend in with how British teams play

belgium or german leagues but if weve no scouting networks in these areas its a bit of a risk however i do feel we cant ignore these types of players hasnt worked out too badly for udders

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    belgium or german leagues but if weve no scouting networks in these areas its a bit of a risk however i do feel we cant ignore these types of players hasnt worked out too badly for udders
    id go for waghorn from ipswich. lewis grabbon if villa go up. Eddie Nketiah on loan from the gunners.

only 55 years for me woody but know what your saying we did miss a great chance the only consolation for me is that i very much doubt we would have got past fulham and villa and i think only way we would have made top 2 is if we had spent 3 times as much in january on signings and salaries for loan players going back to the physical cf matt smith would be my first choice if we had the spending power utb ftp
    Everybody thinks he could be the answer SOB myself included,but the lad who does all the stats on twitter 'blades analytics' says he's really profligate in front of goal Leon's stats stack up way better than his,this obviously doesn't take into account any improvement chris and his team might be able to instil into him,I was just pointing out that players we think hav done well haven't necessarily done so

i was hoping we would sign waghorn before he went to ipswich but loads on here and s2 didnt rate him i still do actually but doubt chris will go for him grabbon is an obvious choice if villa go up but wages would be a big issue and that young lad from arsenal could be an interesting target

i was hoping we would sign waghorn before he went to ipswich but loads on here and s2 didnt rate him i still do actually but doubt chris will go for him grabbon is an obvious choice if villa go up but wages would be a big issue and that young lad from arsenal could be an interesting target
    Grabbon could be used as bait for BROOKSY,Eddie Howe's been linked wi our David.I've said before i think there's a player in Keifor Moore he's still raw but i'd sooner have him than Matt Smith,alot more potential in my opinion.By the way Cheers Shoreham for the invite onto this thread mi owd pal.By the way the Stocky pre season friendly's been confirmed 7th July,that shud surely puts an end to the Wilder leavin threads shunt it? UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 16-05-2018 at 01:47 PM.

good point that rod forgot hes a bournemouth player grabban would be a fantastic signing for us if it doesnt upset our wage structure too much and would get at least 20 goals but sorry to disagree matt smith the finished article moore raw and i like him but we really need 2 strikers in to go straight in to team smith and grabban our front 2 would be unvelievable

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast