+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Allen Appointed Chesterfield Manager

Martin Allen Appointed Chesterfield Manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44115714

Good luck to him. He almost pulled off a "great escape" with Barnet, missing out on goal difference.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

Good luck to him. He almost pulled off a "great escape" with Barnet, missing out on goal difference.
    He's a good manager but unless they get rid of the Trew clone they have owning them now, I can see a fairly extensive stay in the national league for Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

Good luck to him indeed, I have always been a huge fan of his and really hope he has a great season and can get them out of that horrible division... lets hope his health holds up too

MA doesn't seem very ambitious with the jobs he's taking, surely he could wait for and get, something a bit higher up the food chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    MA doesn't seem very ambitious with the jobs he's taking, surely he could wait for and get, something a bit higher up the food chain?
    Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but did Martin Allen not have a heart scare a couple of years back? Perhaps at a higher level it’s would be more stress and pressure?

I like Martin Allen and I wish him all the best. Providing he has the right owners behind him he’s proven in getting Barnet promoted from the National League and also Gillingham from League Two. So it’s a good appointment for Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but did Martin Allen not have a heart scare a couple of years back? Perhaps at a higher level it’s would be more stress and pressure?

I like Martin Allen and I wish him all the best. Providing he has the right owners behind him he’s proven in getting Barnet promoted from the National League and also Gillingham from League Two. So it’s a good appointment for Chesterfield.
    I did wonder if it was a health decision

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    To be honest he is a much better lower league manager and he has experience in taking Barnet up from said league a couple of years back, maybe he is setting his sights a little low as you said but I will be lumping on Chessie to get promoted next season with MA at the helm.

Yes irish. I would back him to get them back up straight away.Brilliant in the lower half of the league ladder.

I think he actually had a operation,something to do with the heart.Think he was Ebbsfleet? manager at the time & had to resign.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    To be honest he is a much better lower league manager and he has experience in taking Barnet up from said league a couple of years back, maybe he is setting his sights a little low as you said but I will be lumping on Chessie to get promoted next season with MA at the helm.
    His record speaks for itself, but I'm not sure he can consistently find that extra gear to get himself out of the league's nether regions. Plus, he always seems to be surrounded by a cloud of rumours. Kind of a polarising character, but no doubt he can energize a team/club when he's on his game. It was definitely exciting when he was at Notts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast