+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Allen Appointed Chesterfield Manager

Good appointment for them but I don't think they'll get straight back up because the owner seems a bit of an idiot, sadly I think it doesn't really matter who the manager is at that club at the moment but I don't mind Chesterfield so I hope it turns round for them.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Yes irish. I would back him to get them back up straight away.Brilliant in the lower half of the league ladder.
    Agreed, he just needs the support of the Chessie owners and it wuddent surprise me if they came straight back up. Maddog is one of my favouritist Notts mangers, EVER !!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Agreed, he just needs the support of the Chessie owners and it wuddent surprise me if they came straight back up. Maddog is one of my favouritist Notts mangers, EVER !!!
    Couldn't agree more Gumps

He's a great choice for them tbh. He'll stop the rot quickly and they'll definitely be promotion contenders next season.

In terms of his health problems, I interviewed Mad Dog early on during his stint at Notts and he was pretty candid:

"Three months ago I had some lumps removed from my chest whilst I was managing at Barnet. One of them was particularly big and it hurt when it came out. Afterwards I was given the all clear and told that I didn’t have cancer, just a few days before I joined Notts County. I cried when I heard the news."

From this article: https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2012...in-allen-3805/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12