+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Lancaster Bomber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

O/T Lancaster Bomber

A chance to see this great Plane fly over Ladybower Damm tommora , around 11 am i think , if anyone has further details please post on here , hoping to go and see it , cancelled last year because of Low Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    A chance to see this great Plane fly over Ladybower Damm tommora , around 11 am i think , if anyone has further details please post on here , hoping to go and see it , cancelled last year because of Low Cloud
    Brave lads those that boarded and flew those planes in ww2 , in the early 20's most of them , life expectancy was about 2 weeks I believe .

Agree theer Animal , Brave or stupid , got to admire them lads , not given enough praise for their endeavours and bravery to keep our Country safe , shame some of the younger ones have not been made aware of what they really did do , I find that really unbelievable

Thanks YB much appreciated , Chuffin wind !! Gud fo nowt !!

Would love to see that , everyone of those blokes should have been knighted.

55.573 air crew were killed during WW2 , your chances of surviving your first tour were 17% and went down to 3% for the second .

Bravery beyond anything you can comprehend .

There isn't an honour you can hand out that goes anywhere near enough to thank these guys for the sacrifice they made .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    55.573 air crew were killed during WW2 , your chances of surviving your first tour were 17% and went down to 3% for the second .

Bravery beyond anything you can comprehend .

There isn't an honour you can hand out that goes anywhere near enough to thank these guys for the sacrifice they made .

Sobering thought. Makes you realise how lucky we all are. All the men who layed their lives on the line in various capacities deserve the utmost respect. Just seen a report on BBC breakfast and it really brings it home

Said elsewhere, you can’t comprehend the bravery these guys trained and went out knowing the chances were it was a one way ticket.
    That sort of commitment can’t be measured and puts future generations to shame.
    Bravery probably biggest understatement ever.

BTW RAF have just advised Lancaster has been replaced by Typhoon due to strong winds.

No counselling for them either.
    While I have every sympathy for those that witnessed these shocking suicide bombings and attacks, men that fought in the trenches, and civilians that lived through The Blitz saw horrors on a daily basis. In fact some got shot at dawn for their troubles.
    Different times, different generations.
    As I've said before, my old man was a Japanese POW. He only told me some of his stories late in life. It obviously never left him. When he was terminally ill in hospital he was hallucinating and thought he was back in the jungle.
    My Mrs is scared of flying. You can't imagine what it must have been like with fighter planes buzzing around trying to shoot you down.
    I really couldn't imagine many of today's youths volunteering for action. i couldn't see many mothers letting them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast