+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa v Fulham

Villa v Fulham

In the playoff final. Who says money can’t buy success. Mitrovic versus Wilson that sums up the difference between investment and gambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    Who says money can’t buy success.
    Off the top of my head: Derby, Middlesborough, whichever of Villa and Fulham don't go up, the pigs and Chelsea.

In the playoff final. Who says money can’t buy success. Mitrovic versus Wilson that sums up the difference between investment and gambles.
    I'm sure i read somewhere that Fulham's owner is the 217th richest person on't planet,worth more than 5 billion quid,that meks it less of a gamble than it wudda been for our 2 "skint" owners.I also point ya towards Carpe's answer. UTCB

money doesnt gaurantee success but it certainly helps in modern day football the frustrating thing for me is that chris wouldnt need mountains of cash just a good decent budget and im sure he would get us to the premier league once again its over to the chuckle brothers to back him

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    money doesnt gaurantee success but it certainly helps in modern day football the frustrating thing for me is that chris wouldnt need mountains of cash just a good decent budget and im sure he would get us to the premier league once again its over to the chuckle brothers to back him
    I just wished someone would start a thread or two abart the owners givin Chris a better/bigger budget i'm sure it wud create some interest Shoreham dunt you? UTCB

well i started one about strikers and a centre back rod and cant see a post from you on that thread care to go on and comment ?

Agree with this 100%

According to somebody who shall remain nameless,but has relatives in Eastenders,we enquired about Mitrovic in the JTW,£80,000 a week was his wages he wanted,Newcastle to pay the rest,we also asked about Adam Forshaw,but again was blown out of the water,

Mitrovic was outstanding when he played against us,unplayable,but I’m still tipping Villa to go up

Well I'm sorry pal but I wouldn't put any of my savings in on the fact you're sure he'd get us up,there's loads of out of pocket OAPs who have fallen for a similar line,you'd have been better just saying money doesn't guarantee success, end of. There is always risk and all you've done is resort to speculating to back your argument up. It's just as easy to say we're goin to put 15m in and get to the play offs but fall at the final hurdle

Btw I'm not disagreeing as such it would certainly help if his budget was better and would give us a better chance but I'm not sure he'd get us up just we'd have more of a shot at it
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 16-05-2018 at 11:50 AM.

well as rod would say bulmer its all abart opinions i must rate chris higher than you do im still confident that given a decent amount of wedge he can get us there of course nowts certain in football just think his hands are tied having to shop in league 1 and 2 in the long run it cant work its 2018 not 1988 and the sooner our owners realise this the better for the club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast