+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T The Royal Wedding

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Eh - I'm only lamenting that the colonies won't freely let us in.

Seriously thanks for that, he is 81, not good at IT and readily confused by the modern world so maybe it was just the ETA that he struggled with. I'll ask him tomorrow, if I remember but he was finding whatever it was he had to do an ordeal.
    My apologies - you're right on the joke part of your previous post - I did indeed misread it.

I hope your neighbour gets sorted ok. My parents are in their 70s and I'm constantly answering extremely trivial computer questions for them. Not long ago I had to teach my dad how to download an attachment from an email, as well as how to manipulate the size of a browsing window. If only they had the *** drive of a 15 year old spotty kid I'm sure they'd figure these things out on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    There may be a few hotels, hiking their prices for the idiots that will pay it, but a few people on minimum wage in the places you mention, is not going to recoup the £30mill they say it will cost.

That money would employ coppers, nurses or teachers, repair our potholed roads or provide free social care for those that need it. The Royals can more than afford it, they should pay for it, football clubs get billed for policing their games, what's the difference?
    They are no more idiots than those that will pay ridiculous prices to watch a football match or go to a concert or theatre, who are you to call people idiots who chose to enjoy or spend their money on what they want. There is plenty of money wasted in many areas that would pay for the things you listed like foreign aid and not paying into the EU gravy train to name but 2.

[d on Rupert Murdoch's hate machine.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    Don't watch it then. Sometimes 'we' have to pay for things we'd rather not.
    I abhor the BBC and Eurovision. They are both a waste of money and as I never watch anything on the former I also miss the latter. It's a win, win for me.
    Apart from having to pay for the privilege of not watching, of course. Not really a win, then 🙄
    I obviously won't be watching it, the point I'm trying to make in these times of austerity where services for the most vulnerable are getting cut left, right and centre then maybe the royal family could use some of the hundreds of millions they have to pay for their own relatives wedding and we could use that 30 million for something revolutionary like healthcare and helping people, shocking theory I know.

If anyone watch channel four news lastnight and their feature on the homeless in Windsor, I thought it was excellent. There was a homeless man on the street with real problems saying how much he loved the royal family and how it's them that makes this country great, I thought no it's not mate its people like you, who after all you've been through and go through daily, you're still sat on the street giving your congratulations and well wishes to people who drive past you every day in their £200,000 cars.

The man on the street is what makes Britain great, not a bunch of overendulged Germans.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    They are no more idiots than those that will pay ridiculous prices to watch a football match or go to a concert or theatre, who are you to call people idiots who chose to enjoy or spend their money on what they want. There is plenty of money wasted in many areas that would pay for the things you listed like foreign aid and not paying into the EU gravy train to name but 2.
    You missed my point anyway, it was not that they go to the wedding, it's that they pay the ridiculously inflated hotel prices being asked during the event.

Enjoy the wedding then, which hotel did you get or are you one of those camping on the street for three days?
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 18-05-2018 at 07:42 AM.

You missed my point anyway, it was not that they go to the wedding, it's that they pay the ridiculously inflated hotel prices being asked during the event.

Enjoy the wedding then, which hotel did you get or are you one of those camping on the street for three days?
    If you climb down off your high horse for a second or two and read my post 39 it says I am NOT watching the wedding I am in the couldn't care less one way or the other camp. But if that is what floats your boat then I hope those people enjoy it.

If you climb down off your high horse for a second or two and read my post 39 it says I am NOT watching the wedding I am in the couldn't care less one way or the other camp. But if that is what floats your boat then I hope those people enjoy it.
    Still didn't address my greater point of the benefit to the economy outside of a few hoteliers and minimum wage employees.

Still didn't address my greater point of the benefit to the economy outside of a few hoteliers and minimum wage employees.
    So tourists don't spend money and any employee that is being paid contributes to the economy. How much do you think stewards and staff at a football game get paid or theatre /ticket staff or security at these places get paid. You don't like the royal family that's ok many don't but don't put the countries ills onto one wedding when millions of people are interested in it.I hope that addresses your problem but if it doesn't so be it. But I have to get ready now to see quite an important football match tonight and have a bit of travelling to do.

So tourists don't spend money and any employee that is being paid contributes to the economy. How much do you think stewards and staff at a football game get paid or theatre /ticket staff or security at these places get paid. You don't like the royal family that's ok many don't but don't put the countries ills onto one wedding when millions of people are interested in it.I hope that addresses your problem but if it doesn't so be it. But I have to get ready now to see quite an important football match tonight and have a bit of travelling to do.
    Show me where I said I don't like the Royal family?

I said that like anyone else, they should pay for their own wedding and that the tax payer should not be getting a £30 mill bill for security

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456