+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T The Royal Wedding

O/T The Royal Wedding

Anyone else sick and tired of this by now? From programme after programme about it to numerous nauseating articles and interviews of someone who once smelt Markles guff, it's getting ridiculous. It's ok though the royal family (through their back breaking hard work) will pay two million of the wedding and we only have to cover the 30 million security bill. We have people using foodbanks and health services being cut especially mental health (when it's the biggest growing problem because believe it or not modern life is too much for alot of people, we're not computers and you're constantly under pressure with little rest it's too much. I have stage four kidney disease and severe mental health problems and work full time as there's no help and it's getting to much) and yet we have this going on. Plus don't the members of the public invited have to bring their own food?

This country is a disgrace in terms of the haves and have nots. If you grafted and made your money then brilliant, honestly well done, it's the aristocracy and royals get me mad. Like the honeymoon is costing 120,000 and it's a present from Markle to Harry, fine but look at the money 120,000??? How about go on a twenty grand honeymoon and give the other 100,000 to good causes?

What I'm really bothered about is will her Dad attend? I won't be able to sleep till I know for sure.

AH should have given his millions to the homeless in Nottingham instead of wasting it on a 4th rate football club. And who's going to pay for the damage the Coventry yobs do in the town centre after Friday's match?

The last of the Royals I would grumble at is Harry who has put a real shift in, both as a job and as a charity/good cause campaigner, and of all the royal brides who are able to pay their own way from their own efforts Meghan has to be near the top of the list.

The growing inequality of wealth on this planet is a disgrace to humanity. The priority should be all, not a few, imo.

The comparison is sharpest when 'they' indulge in super-conspicuous consumption, but the effects of some people's greed - other people's hardship - are endemic in our societies.

Sorry to hear about your health issues, Mr. Fists. All the best. Might not be much consolation, but it's great to see things Notts are on the up at last.

I'm looking forward to it.

A very tricky decision on whether to watch the Royal Wedding or watch paint dry.

I just can't decide between gloss and emulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    A very tricky decision on whether to watch the Royal Wedding or watch paint dry.

A tv off day for me however,

I can't belive the fuss about her old man arranging to have some shots of him having a suit made, what's so wrong about this, celebs have photo ops arranged like this all the time?

Anyway, we'll all be preoccupied with our Wembley trip won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

We have a winner! Well done me ode shipmate . Just forked out £450 ( + 75p postage ) for 2 season tickets leaving me a bit short so I'm afraid there's no prize on offer . All I can offer is my hearty congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    AH should have given his millions to the homeless in Nottingham instead of wasting it on a 4th rate football club. And who's going to pay for the damage the Coventry yobs do in the town centre after Friday's match?

The last of the Royals I would grumble at is Harry who has put a real shift in, both as a job and as a charity/good cause campaigner, and of all the royal brides who are able to pay their own way from their own efforts Meghan has to be near the top of the list.
    Here's a reply of someone who has no real clue about Modern Britain thesedays and how self absorbed everyone is. I'm sure you've retired, you're comfortable so **** everyone else. Yeah maybe AH should have given a large portion on his money to the homeless instead of us, is that so hard to grasp? Nowadays a couple of bad things happen to you, you can't pay your rent, you have no family then where do you think you end up? There's more and more people now trying to get the little bit of help there is and people are falling through the cracks. For God's sake aren't we meant to be one of the world's leading economies and yet parents working fulltime are having to use foodbanks to feed their kids? Sorry but that for me is wrong.

The level of selfishness and lack of empathy nowadays in this country is hard to take. When did we become so uncaring? We're completely ignoring the massive growing issue on mental health and paying lip service but yet things are getting worse. All this will come home to roost one day and because we've failed to invest properly now, it will be a mess. At least suicide has got some media coverage thanks to the Coronation Street storyline. I've worked full time twenty years paying tax etc and then when I need help there is none. Ok I'll keep going till I drop I'm not a quitter, you don't work fulltime in stage four if you are, but until you get seriously ill you don't realise that actually no one gives a **** about what you've contributed, they just want to know what can we get out of you now, it's disgusting and yet some people seem to get all the help they need without lifting a finger.

Ms Markle seems nice so does Harry but the difference between the gaudy display on Saturday where the usual sycophants are wheeled out to fawn over the Royals and how most people are actually living is scandalous. Infact the sheer gall of the Royal family to say it's ok we're picking up the bill for two million, they should pick the whole thirty two up it's not like they can't afford it.

Old Pie, as in the Brexit issue were poles apart. Enjoy the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    I can't belive the fuss about her old man arranging to have some shots of him having a suit made, what's so wrong about this, celebs have photo ops arranged like this all the time?
    Agreed. I couldn't figure out what all that fuss was about either. Poor bloke is entitled to make the most of it IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Here's a reply of someone who has no real clue about Modern Britain thesedays and how self absorbed everyone is. I'm sure you've retired, you're comfortable so **** everyone else. Yeah maybe AH should have given a large portion on his money to the homeless instead of us, is that so hard to grasp? Nowadays a couple of bad things happen to you, you can't pay your rent, you have no family then where do you think you end up? There's more and more people now trying to get the little bit of help there is and people are falling through the cracks. For God's sake aren't we meant to be one of the world's leading economies and yet parents working fulltime are having to use foodbanks to feed their kids? Sorry but that for me is wrong.

The level of selfishness and lack of empathy nowadays in this country is hard to take. When did we become so uncaring? We're completely ignoring the massive growing issue on mental health and paying lip service but yet things are getting worse. All this will come home to roost one day and because we've failed to invest properly now, it will be a mess. At least suicide has got some media coverage thanks to the Coronation Street storyline. I've worked full time twenty years paying tax etc and then when I need help there is none. Ok I'll keep going till I drop I'm not a quitter, you don't work fulltime in stage four if you are, but until you get seriously ill you don't realise that actually no one gives a **** about what you've contributed, they just want to know what can we get out of you now, it's disgusting and yet some people seem to get all the help they need without lifting a finger.

Ms Markle seems nice so does Harry but the difference between the gaudy display on Saturday where the usual sycophants are wheeled out to fawn over the Royals and how most people are actually living is scandalous. Infact the sheer gall of the Royal family to say it's ok we're picking up the bill for two million, they should pick the whole thirty two up it's not like they can't afford it.

Old Pie, as in the Brexit issue were poles apart. Enjoy the wedding.
    As I've got older my political views have softened, partly due to the personal experiences I've had with family members suffering depression due to debt, subsequently attempting suicide and basically losing any self esteem they had as a result of the ensuing mistreatment they've suffered from 'the system' thereafter.

I don't necessarily go as far as broad-brush statements against the royals, capitalism or hard working people making good lives for themselves, but I definitely, wholeheartedly agree that our wealthy society needs to take a long hard look at itself in regard to how it treats those who 'don't win' the rat race. Mental health issues, the huge disparity between the haves and have-nots and much more need addressing.

I am happy to pay higher taxes for a better, more rounded 'society' that cares for it's citizens properly when they genuinely need a caring, helping hand. With all the wealth we have in this country, we can most certainly afford it if we, as a nation, choose to 'do the right thing', instead of promoting 'I'm all right Jack' thinking. That would be a nation I could, once again, be proud of.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast