+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Salmon Pink Trousers

Dapper is not a word people use to describe me Danny.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Some men wear pink shirts too.

Pink shirts can be considered trendy 55 but with pink trousers some would say you would need your back to the wall when going for a pint!

I know exactly what you mean phild, I call it the Michael portillo syndrome.

I was out with the better half one day saw one of the afflicted and said to her at stage in life do you say to yourself I have to wear red or pink trousers.

I recall in the late sixties when Levis cords were fashionable. These were available in a dullish pink and looked OK. I was thinking about getting a pair and mentioned to Mom that I was going to get a pair of pink jeans. I think she was horrified at the thought.
    Just recently I had to make an effort to smarten myself up for a wedding. I had not bought a tie for years and asked my daughter for guidance. She told me to get a pink one. I couldn’t be bothered arguing.

In the late 60's i bought a Levi denim jacket and jeans and a cream Wrangler cord jacket and trousers. I used to wear the denim jacket with the cord trousers and vice versa. Crafty eh? Like my style?
    I never wore anything pink though.

I had a cord Wrangler jacket in 1969 but it was not pink, it was deemed to be crushed strawberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I recall in the late sixties when Levis cords were fashionable. These were available in a dullish pink and looked OK. I was thinking about getting a pair and mentioned to Mom that I was going to get a pair of pink jeans. I think she was horrified at the thought.
    Just recently I had to make an effort to smarten myself up for a wedding. I had not bought a tie for years and asked my daughter for guidance. She told me to get a pink one. I couldn’t be bothered arguing.
    Thats how it starts Q

Attachment 9488

I’m wearing my pink fluo SuperDry tee shirt tonight.

I love pink tops and I’ve bought turquoise shorts and a bright yellow tee shirt ready for my trip to Australia in January.

I’ll look like a Swedish fan on tour !!

Some blokes can carry off bright modern colours and clothes and other men age badly and end up in Marks and Sparks slacks or in TK MAXX cargo pants and Sports Direct fleece Des.....you know you do!!

It’s like middle age Miami Vice in my house!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m wearing my pink fluo SuperDry tee shirt tonight.

I love pink tops and I’ve bought turquoise shorts and a bright yellow tee shirt ready for my trip to Australia in January.

I’ll look like a Swedish fan on tour !!

Some blokes can carry off bright modern colours and clothes and other men age badly and end up in Marks and Sparks slacks or in TK MAXX cargo pants and Sports Direct fleece Des.....you know you do!!

It’s like middle age Miami Vice in my house!
    Way to go (the Swedish fan part) 😉😊😎

Nothing wrong with pink shirts, have always had one since the sixties. Not so sure about pink trousers though. Give me a well cut pair of Levis every time. When you get to a certain age you have to be very selective in what you choose to wear. Keep up to date, within reason, but make sure that you don't end up like 'mutton dressed as lamb'. Hope I achieve that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)