+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: why rafa has set us back years

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He's talking about how long it's took for Carr to get into the positions he has with identifying and setting up his scouting network.
    He's on about Rafa coming along and binning it all in one fell swoop and in doing so, setting us back years.

He has a valid point.
    Your always replying to posts by pboro and always agreeing with him, you probably are him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    Your always replying to posts by pboro and always agreeing with him, you probably are him.
    Fine, just live with that thought and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he some finish twot who has no clue about the toon except what he reads of brainwashed anti ashly fools
    You are darling arent you
    And by the way its finnish. Sometimes when we drink we might get finished...

I tend to agree that Carr was in the scheme of things overall good rather than bad. He might have had a few dodgy calls but his network was extensive and valuable and there was some quality signings.

However, it appears to me that Rafa wanted more then french players and looked at his own I suspect extensive network. Indeed I recall Alan Pardew complaining that he was not allowed to choose his players hence he benched a few that have come good elsewhere. So a good hands on manager probably ment sacrifices re the club and Carr was a casualty of that regime change.

I am not replying to the OP headed title as it is way off the mark. "pboro" when he wants can put together an argument (regardless of how he presents it) but this OP is not it.

Rafa has more than justified a few more years with control over transfers, signings and negotiations on those fronts.

For what it is worth, that's my humble opinion on Carr and transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleymag View Post
    Never thought this would be necessary as I tend to get on with most.

How do I put ignorant caants on ignore?

Thanks.��
    You don't have to put anyone on "ignore" Stan, just don't reply to their wind up threads. Ghostboro's twaddle doesn't bother me one bit, in fact I quite like looking at his sh!t to see how low the idiot can go. I never enter into mental combat with the unarmed.

if Rafa has set us back years, how come we finished the season 8 places higher than the team he took over 2 yrs previously, despite the sinking ship he took over being relegated in betwwen.

I look forward with great excitement to further backwards movement over the next 2 yrs!

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    he some finish twot who has no clue about the toon except what he reads of brainwashed anti ashly fools
    Do you mean the ones who know so little about the club that they think Ardiles was a Prem manager for us. SHAME.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    if Rafa has set us back years, how come we finished the season 8 places higher than the team he took over 2 yrs previously, despite the sinking ship he took over being relegated in betwwen.

I look forward with great excitement to further backwards movement over the next 2 yrs!
    And yet you gave up your season tickets.

How hypocritical from a bloke who has never even been to a Toon home game.

yes... because of Ashley.

what has that got to with anything though?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)