+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Sam

We were placed 27th in the worlds richest clubs list for 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Totally agree! Put it this way whether it's Big Dave or Dean Smith, they won't get anywhere near what Pulis or prick Pardew got in salary. They won't get anywhere near the money to spend either on players.

West Brom will never change, and don't for one minute believe that little man in China will have the passion or desire to spend/invest any more than he needs. In life you get what you pay for and sticking plasters to shore up the cracks only last so long.

Whilst Pulis and Pardew should take a huge amount of blame the real culprits are the past and present owners and Board for their poor decisions and total lack of investments. They could not run a hot dog stand successfully!

Whilst, it's good luck to Burnley in Europe - it makes me sick to the back teeth they are in Europe and we will most likely be holding own own in the Championship. Feckin pathetic!!!
    Al you cannot blame lack of investment this time. We outspent Burnley by a considerable amount. Most of their kitty was funded by the sale of Keane. But the advantage they had was they didn't have Pulis.

If Fat Sam is appointed that's me done.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    If Fat Sam is appointed that's me done.
    I honestly don't think we've got anything to worry about on this front.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I just don't get this assumed negativity as to our Owners intentions next season.

Does any overseas owner buy into a English club to make money? I don't think so! They buy for the kudos of owning a Premier League club anything else is second best.

We get £40 million parachute money for each of the first 2 seasons. Add to lets say another £40 million from the sale of players most of whom won't be missed. We become on of the 'rich clubs' a relative big fish in a smaller pond.

I am happy to assume the best don't get the point of assuming the worst. We just got to get the right man in charge.

COYB

I am happy always to be positive and assume the best apart from anything financial in terms of our club. We have ended up where we deserve and not all the fault of Pulis or Pardew. As they say with any company - if you stop investing in quality, take your eye off the ball, and don't move with the times, it will come back to haunt you. Have Huddersfield, Brighton and Burnley been lucky? Certainly not - they have very progressive hands on owners and have invested wisely and in quality.

1. Not letting Evans go for 15m in January when he was playing crap and we were in a relegation battle was a poor decision. We now wave goodbye to 12 million
    2. Same good be said to wasted money for Chadli who was injury prone
    3. To gamble 4 million on a loan for an injured croc even had many Liverpool supporters smirking.
    4. Not to get rid of Pardew around the Huddersfield match just to save a few million on a pay off was a shocking decision. So that's a loss of the Premiership riches v Championship earnings, and long term damage.

The owner and board must take a huge share of the blame!

I am past the point where anything that happens at the Albion surprises me. So if it was Fat Sam I would not be shocked but certainly very very pi55ed off.

It would seem that being exceptionally tight is something in the DNA of the club. I remember going way back and my old man making remarks about this. One that sticks in my mind concerned Allan Clark. Father told me that Albion were not willing to cough up the modest fee asked by Walsall and so he went elsewhere (Fulham I think). ‘Too bloody mean’ or words along those lines (he would never have sworn).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Apparently Al the 2 favourites for the job are Dean Smith or big Dave ? We are better than that ? all that shows to me we are going to sign a yes man who will do a job for fu ck all & won't expect to be given any money to boot , if we were better than that we wouldn't have finish BOTTOM of the League . What you say about big sam is probably right he was brought in to keep Everton in the premier & he did irrespective of how much he got ,
    Id take dean smith but I do worry he could be another Alan Buckley

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post

I know what you mean! Would Dean Smith really be any better than Big Dave? I would take Pearson as he's done it in the Premiership, knows the club, and would not stand crap like the Barcelona incident. Would not touch Appleton!

Big Fat Sam needs to be gracious and join a charity to learn that happiness is not all about money, and being a greedy fat miserable tosser!

There is that possibility.

As i've said previously Shakespeare & pearson realistically in the championship with money to spend , i would take that now .
    Would love Hodgson but never going to happen .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)