+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Big Sam

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    This could happen because this was probably sham's last chance at so called top club.

No one in the prem will need him until October or November.

It is not the ideal appointment, but the most pragmatic.

He played for us as well as being assistant manager and should know about the potential if he gets it right.

He has a record of signing creative players Jj okacha and youri dherkavihev at Bolton but I don't recall if it was him or bilic who signed payet.

If I was Jenkins I would wait for him to say no before appointing anyone else.

Whoever we get as manager, I won't put any conditions on my support of the Albion and my St will be renewed whatever happens.
    The best part of three years watching TP inspired performances through heavy eye lids home and away was pragmatic enough for me Blood. Yes there were some good times along the way but most of those were provided by the company I keep and the alcohol we consumed . That said my season ticket renewal will always be based on available funds and time commitments elsewhere before I considered who was in charge.

Big Sam wouldn't want to come anyway chap, from his interviews over the years I've always thought he still grinds an axe against us for what he perceived as shabby treatment when in the care taker/assistant role all those years ago. The bloke would also prove to be just as divisive as TP too, something we could do without following the last few years and the feel good factor DM fought so hard to bring back, all be it for a short period of time.

Sam Allarydce openly goads supporters who so much as pass comment regarding his tactics and selection. Pragmatic or not it's not the best combination to win back the hearts and minds as we head into the Championship. No ta from me.

I know about the anti sentiment you refer to 68, I think it was to do with him not getting the managers job then.

What I don't want is super mario appointing a stale bacon and doing a stint in the thurd tier as a result.

If we had MP deciding to stay and then on the odd occasion to play to his true capability and someone similar on the other wing providing the ammunition for some proper finishers we have a chance.

Who will find and attract these players is the hard part, and no manager is a guarantee to win, whilst playing great stuff.

I am very risk averse so even though he is unpalatable fat sham is the obvious choice on an 18 month contract with a massive promotion bonus.

Fair do's Blood and I understand where you're coming from, I just don't happen to agree.

Anyway I'm off for a bit before Des' has a full scale melt down over a couple of completely (thus far) unsubstantiated head lines.

As an aside my relative can't make Russia due to work commitments.

All of the very best out there and careful where you hide your flag .

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    Just throw this one in, Everton finished in 8th place.
    So did we under Pulis just a year ago I think?

The thing is with Pulis and with Fatso is that it’s not all bad but when it is bad it’s god awful.

I remember us hammering Chelsea under Pulis when he let the handbrake off and we’ve seen exciting performances by Bolton,Blackburn,Newcastle and Everton under Fatty.

Personally I have never thought Pulis and Fat Sam were that close in style,Pulis football has always been a bore but I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of Sam.

His problem has been managing fans who think their team’s should play like Barcelona whereas I think Bolton and Albion fans are more pragmatic apart from the ones who stopped watching after Atkinson departed.

Our football has mostly been s h y t e for 36 years apart from the Mowbray and RDM interlude and those two f e c k e r s hadn’t a clue how to defend.

Fatso is not the worst option out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    So did we under Pulis just a year ago I think?

The thing is with Pulis and with Fatso is that it’s not all bad but when it is bad it’s god awful.

I remember us hammering Chelsea under Pulis when he let the handbrake off and we’ve seen exciting performances by Bolton,Blackburn,Newcastle and Everton under Fatty.

Personally I have never thought Pulis and Fat Sam were that close in style,Pulis football has always been a bore but I don’t think that’s a fair assessment of Sam.

His problem has been managing fans who think their team’s should play like Barcelona whereas I think Bolton and Albion fans are more pragmatic apart from the ones who stopped watching after Atkinson departed.

Our football has mostly been s h y t e for 36 years apart from the Mowbray and RDM interlude and those two f e c k e r s hadn’t a clue how to defend.

Fatso is not the worst option out there.
    I agree they're not carbon copies and Sam does at least encourage some forward play, but his Bolton days have long gone.

Although I'm not expecting instantly free flowing dynamism, some hope of steady progression would be nice to be going along with.

Whoever comes in it should make for an interesting few months.

A big no from me regarding Fat Sam.

AlrIght SB, I hope you are well mate.

I just wanted to ask you what kind of football Potter plays and the kind of budget he has and whether he gives youth players a chance?

Your opinion on him generally really?

Östersunds FK v Galatasaray tactics explained.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfW_BSsChp4

........ press, overload and flexibility as and when appropriate/required.

Plus some highlights........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H56NwhlCN5w

........ pretty sure their game v Arsenal will still be available somewhere too.
    Last edited by Albionic68; 18-05-2018 at 01:05 AM.

Nice one 68.

Regarding your cousin not going to the wc, I reckon he's made a good decision.

I have not booked any flights yet as cannot decide if we can cope with a 35 hour train journey from volgograd to Saint Petersberg.

This has to be the least appetising wc, until the next one.

Brazil feels like a lifetime ago.

Fingers crossed everything goes OK, but I am not one for Flags so will just wear my favourite old wba tops.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    AlrIght SB, I hope you are well mate.

I just wanted to ask you what kind of football Potter plays and the kind of budget he has and whether he gives youth players a chance?

Your opinion on him generally really?
    I'm well mate, hope you are too.

I like him, plays very nice football, ball on the deck, tiki-taka-esque sometimes and with technical skills, very offensive-minded football.

Small budget, small club (young club, founded in the 1990s), why some players now have left, to foreign clubs or Swedish clubs with more money (best midfielder went to Malmö FF for instance).

Many players who have done well under him have failed elsewhere before, some young players def in the squad, but, the club don't have much of an Academy, as of yet.

They have done a lot of charity work as well, and, have had the squad to do very "different" things to strengthen moral and make them more brave (dancing ballet and reading poetry in front of audience among other things). A player said after doing something of that, "I could never ever be afraid to walk out on Emirates or elsewhere after having done that".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)