+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Breaking Premiership news.

Breaking Premiership news.

Sam Alladardyce has had the sack from Everton and David Moyes from West Ham United. What would have happened if both sides had been relegated? Off to the tower?

You know what gets me about clubs like Everton?
    They finish eighth so that's just about where they should be.
    Unless they have a phenomenal season it is very unlikely they would finish above Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Not too sure what the fans expect there to be honest.

Probably want a little more exciting football. Personally, I'd rather finish 12th playing an entertaining brand of football than 8th playing a boring style of play. Not getting continental play either way, so I'd rather be entertained. Nearly fell asleep during every Everton match I watched.

As for West Ham, surprised they sacked him since they finished 12th. But he also had a poor record. Only winning at a 29% clip. Which is worse than the previous three managers and about the same as Zola when he was there. I think they would have been in the bottom third of the table again. I wonder if Moyes will be able to get another top flight job.

Mich, I can see Moyes turning up at Everton again. Some months ago Everton seemed to think that they just had to click their fingers and Nuno would come running - unbelievable cheek! Why would he want to step down there?

Sam Allardyce was always on a hiding to nothing at Everton, he helped them to a respectable eight finish in the Premier League. His football isn't always pleasing on the eye, but so what. It wasn't all that under Ronald Koeman, hence why the club sacked him. Both West Ham and Everton need to be careful what they wish for.

Stronger linked to Everton again i see the name of Marco Silva. There seems to be some legal battle going on between Everton and Watford over their approach last season, Silva was eventually sacked.

Both Everton and West Ham seem to want to see better, flowing football that's pleasing on the eye. They don't always get what what they want.

Another manager is now out of work, Paul Lambert has left Stoke by 'mutual consent'.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Another manager is now out of work, Paul Lambert has left Stoke by 'mutual consent'.
    No big surprise that he's gone and i feel for the next side that decides to employ him.

That could be Lamberts last big pay day, can’t see him getting another high level appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    That could be Lamberts last big pay day, can’t see him getting another high level appointment.
    You never know he could end up going north of the border and trying to succeed up there. Only one club up there at the moment that has success, but i doubt Brendan Rodgers will be leaving any time soon.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)