+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeap we're in the sh** it seems... Thanks, Mel

Quote Originally Posted by Ramspudnik View Post
    £8m my arse he is worth like £15m to say the least and we bought him for £8m from Watford so we hardly making any profit if we do sell him for that.

The club will be an utter disgrace if they sell Vydra for that kind of price at £8m and I have to say that McClaren is almost certainly to be the next QPR boss as talks have progressed well so looks like Chris Martin is almost certainly heading there next season and they can have him for £5m, giving the fact he hasn’t been at his best for quite some time and his value has gone down so the price for him is quite right.

Players who have been at the club for far too long must go, so that we can bring in a new squad who is fresh and has a clean slate and is willing to provide this team with new ideas to take us forward and not backwards.

These current crop of players have had long enough to show they have the mental bottle to get us into the Premier League and they have failed on numerous occasions and it now, takes someone who has the nerve to stand up and take account to throw them out the door and give them their final pay check and P45.
    If we get £2m for Martin I'd be shocked, and deliriously happy

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    They employ illiterates at The Times now? How standards have fallen at The Tbunderer if they refer to mental bottle, utter disgrace and Spunky's arse. Sounds more like The sun.

Whilst I do not understand his return, I can't see this as plagiarism - although breaking all forum rules does appear Spunky's style
    l need to make my sarcasm a bit more obvious in future

and he was given a two day suspension which he served. behave and he stays, we all need a bit of leeway to be a tw*t once in a while, but personal insults, swearing and spamming threads will see a longer ban. Applies to everyone of course, but everyone ELSE knows how to behave. oh and i think i included p*ssing the mod off in his rap sheet
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 16-05-2018 at 09:19 PM.

All the nonsense aside we need to be showing a decent profit on Vydra and it should not be simply a case of getting back what we paid.

There have been some average (unproven at top level) players go for big money in recent seasons, Forest benefited from two of them.

If Fulham go up Vydra would be a decent fit there, especially if they keep Mitrovic. Sides like Brighton, Palace, West Ham and Burnley would be strengthened by having him around and a fee of around 15m is not big money in the PL.

Martin can go to QPR for anything more than we paid for him.

Talk of Anya being a possible departure, I'd keep him, he's athletic and versatile and better than both Forsyth and Olsson.

Anya and Weimann down the left could work well in my opinion. Both quick and can overlap and cover.

I'm sure someone will soon come up with a list of players who's contracts are up elsewhere so I'd be interested to see who is avaialble.

Interesting times.... as always

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    i've warned you before about plagiarism, I'm sure this was the sport lead in the Times this morning
    I’ve written it from my own perspective but of course Andy you will always find a way to pick something out against me like the rest of you do, seeing as you always ban me for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    If we get £2m for Martin I'd be shocked, and deliriously happy
    I wouldn’t be shocked at all seeing as that is the Derby way of doing things, selling players for bugger all just like Clough did doesn’t matter how good the player is we sell him on the cheap, Kris Commons springs to mind when he went to Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    p*ssing the mod off in his rap sheet
    That happens all the time, you lot enjoy doing that works like a charm.

Derby Retain list:

All of them... could not bare to break it to the players, I don’t want to see them heartbroken when I tell them they ain’t good enough so they can continue on for another season and we go again coyr.

The Derby way...

Get into the play-offs and fail at the final hurdle repeat and so forth.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all seeing as that is the Derby way of doing things, selling players for bugger all just like Clough did doesn’t matter how good the player is we sell him on the cheap, Kris Commons springs to mind when he went to Celtic.
    I think Commons flattered to deceive at Celtic, although I don't watch much English football I am force fed the Hoot League, and Commons' success such as it was was because he was playing FOR a team I'd class as lower half Prem, against sides who were mainly lower half League 1.

That happens all the time, you lot enjoy doing that works like a charm.
    I don't enjoy it at all, check out the Forest contingent on here, they are all a bloody nuisance but unlike you they stay the right side of the line. Welcome back, keep it clean

Whether it's cut and paste or paraphrasing, our stolen potato seems to have something. The Telegraph has a report penned by John Percy this morning on Vydra and other players. He mentions the £8M fee as SP.

We know that MM wants to reduce the wage bill as he has said so. In the article Rowett is quoted as saying (paraphrased) that after years of managers spending willy nilly, he is the one now having to balance the books.

I think we are still OK with regard to FFP and that this move is more down to MM not wanting to throw "good money after bad" than any FFP danger. I may be wrong but that is my take on it.

The piece contains, however, caveats such as "it is understood", "there could be interest in" and "Derby could also listen to" so Percy has taken some fact and extrapolated it to make a story which may or may not prove to be true. As ever, it is a piece of crystal ball gazing based on some fact. We shall see how close to the truth JP is........ or how far from. What is sure, is that this will be read by fans and then be the subject of great discussion in fora and on general social media such as InstaFaceTwit.

The players mentioned as possible exiteers (new word) are Carson, Keogh, Martin and Anya.

You can find John Percy's complete article at https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ssing-premier/

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)