+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Ashley statement basically ment.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If Rafa buys the players and they're not played or shipped out or sent to Coventry etc, then of course they're down to Rafa. Why would they be down to anyone else?

Unless you can tell me which players were bought without Rafa's consent?

As for the loans...of course it's a case of luck whether they immediately hit the ground running. Look at Dubravka and Kenedy....then take a look at Slimani.
    All down to the lucky dip.
    Imagine if he'd brought in Sels in January and not Dubravka. Have a think on that.
    I don't need to. And if we stick to your own rules...it was unlucky he signed sels...can't have it both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    I don't need to. And if we stick to your own rules...it was unlucky he signed sels...can't have it both ways!
    It was unlucky he signed Sels. That's my point.
    He was also lucky to sign Dubravka and Kenedy with arguably both changing the course of the season but especially kenedy...yet unlucky to sign Slimani...right?

If Rafa buys the players and they're not played or shipped out or sent to Coventry etc, then of course they're down to Rafa. Why would they be down to anyone else?

As for the loans...of course it's a case of luck whether they immediately hit the ground running. Look at Dubravka and Kenedy....then take a look at Slimani.
    Imagine if he'd brought in Sels in January and not Dubravka. Have a think on that.
    He was also lucky to sign Dubravka and Kenedy with arguably both changing the course of the season but especially kenedy...yet unlucky to sign Slimani...right?
    Nope...
    Sels was a bad signing. Dubravka and Kenedy were good signings.
    With Slimani it was a risk but one worth taking. With hindsight a bad signing. Only luck involved was the bad luck when he was stupid enough to get suspended. Pretty sure it wasn't in the match briefing to act that way!

Overall..not about luck.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobeshearer View Post
    Nope...
    Sels was a bad signing. Dubravka and Kenedy were good signings.
    With Slimani it was a risk but one worth taking. With hindsight a bad signing. Only luck involved was the bad luck when he was stupid enough to get suspended. Pretty sure it wasn't in the match briefing to act that way!

Overall..not about luck.
    I think you've basically answered what I'm talking about, even when trying to deny it.

I think you've basically answered what I'm talking about, even when trying to deny it.
    You can twist it that way...but no!

dear F U C K I N G me!

How to talk in riddles without being unable to unravel.

Remember when he went in for a keeper and sels came for 6 million on a decent wage?
    We know how that turned out.
    The reality was, we didn't need a keeper as a priority. It may appear that Dubravka has proven otherwise but it's doing a massive disservice to Darlow and Elliot.

We did require a change in tactics and Kenedy provided it. It was a mere gamble by Rafa in terms of hoping Kenedy would hit the ground running and kick-start a change in footballing mindset that literally lifted the underperforming players who were being asked to graft and be cautious.
    Merino got sick of it in short order and yes, I know his back was used as a massive excuse but I believe there was more to it, just like the dip in form of many others.

Rafa might be many fans knight in shining armour and fair enough if they think that.
    As for me, I think he's came in and made some bad buys and was simply in a process of trying to nip and tuck as and when things didn't quite marry up.

I'm still not trusting of him but I'm more than happy to be proved wrong in the transfer market buys and also the football on the pitch being what we all expect, not being brainwashed into thinking we have to accept dire for most of the season...because of (add in all excuses).
    How can it be doing a massive disservice to Darlow and Elliot when Dubravka is streets ahead of those two in ability and class.

All means to an end.

The end was a 10th place finish, for those that have forgotten.

Dubravka was the turning point of our season

He commands his box, great distribution with both feet, talks to his defenders all the time and instills confidence in his back four

Darlow or Elliot could not tie his bootlaces.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)