+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry fans done the impossible?

Coventry fans done the impossible?

Have Coventry fans done the impossible and are actually more insufferable than those over the river? The arrogance of a team in league two who only have a ground because a rugby club feels sorry for them is astounding. I reckon if you merged a red back and a Mansfield fan, and stood them next to a Coventry fan, the hybrid would seem the most humble of specimens!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Fentons_Left_Teste View Post
    Have Coventry fans done the impossible and are actually more insufferable than those over the river? The arrogance of a team in league two who only have a ground because a rugby club feels sorry for them is astounding. I reckon if you merged a red back and a Mansfield fan, and stood them next to a Coventry fan, the hybrid would seem the most humble of specimens!
    Post of the year this one ✅

#hoofustowembley

I think you take yourselves too seriously, like I said there are some good posters on here. It’s all good natured with a bit of spike here and there but at the end of the day nobody is trying to offend or get personal.

One thing Coventry fans generally aren’t is arrogant. Can come across as big club billy *******s sometimes but it’s often very tongue in cheek. After all the **** we’ve had to put up with most of us are happy to still be here tbh.

Banter on.
    Last edited by Cov1; 16-05-2018 at 03:03 PM.

It's like this site has caught a dose of chav clap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Post of the year this one ✅

#hoofustowembley

I think you take yourselves too seriously, like I said there are some good posters on here. It’s all good natured with a bit of spike here and there but at the end of the day nobody is trying to offend or get personal.

One thing Coventry fans generally aren’t is arrogant. Can come across as big club billy *******s sometimes but it’s often very tongue in cheek. After all the **** we’ve had to put up with most of us are happy to still be here tbh.

Banter on.
    No, you are pretty much all arrogant, take a look at the Coventry board, oh yeah you post there don't you Thommo?

Hoof ball? Ahh yes, Coventry don't like thing high over their heads, they have an instinctive need to Junke down...

No, you are pretty much all arrogant, take a look at the Coventry board, oh yeah you post there don't you Thommo?

Hoof ball? Ahh yes, Coventry don't like thing high over their heads, they have an instinctive need to Junke down...
    Like I said you are too serious, can give it out but can’t take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cov1 View Post
    Like I said you are too serious, can give it out but can’t take it.
    Is it because you realise that your arrogance has been noted and on Friday night you're getting scared? Your 5ft 11 centre back who got a thumping against Lincoln got you worried?

Is it because you realise that your arrogance has been noted and on Friday night you're getting scared? Your 5ft 11 centre back who got a thumping against Lincoln got you worried?
    Refer to previous comments. Nobody is getting scared, Jordan Willis is a good defender, was part of the best defence in the league for most of the season. You are one dimensional but effective, it will be a tough night.

Personally think your being a tad unfair to our play, don’t deny at times we have been unbearable to watch, long balls, playing for position/set plays in the opposition half, and of course when Noble plays the hoofs into space as if he is expecting Mo Salah to be on the wing, unfortunately for us the nearest player is usually John Stead…

Guess our manager has a specific tactic against your lot which makes us look worse than we are. Don’t get me wrong at times this season it has been very bad, Crawley comes to mind.

But also we have looked good at times, if you watch our goals we have scored some decent ones, not many coming from hoof>head>goal.

Don’t deny you play the better football, in fact I said on a previous thread the chances you created were worthy of a higher division. You have players that will definitely progress higher and have real potential, hopefully for Coventry they manage to hang onto said players.

We are definitely organised and do better than the sum of our parts. But we definitely aren’t Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    Personally think your being a tad unfair to our play, don’t deny at times we have been unbearable to watch, long balls, playing for position/set plays in the opposition half, and of course when Noble plays the hoofs into space as if he is expecting Mo Salah to be on the wing, unfortunately for us the nearest player is usually John Stead…

Guess our manager has a specific tactic against your lot which makes us look worse than we are. Don’t get me wrong at times this season it has been very bad, Crawley comes to mind.

But also we have looked good at times, if you watch our goals we have scored some decent ones, not many coming from hoof>head>goal.

Don’t deny you play the better football, in fact I said on a previous thread the chances you created were worthy of a higher division. You have players that will definitely progress higher and have real potential, hopefully for Coventry they manage to hang onto said players.

We are definitely organised and do better than the sum of our parts. But we definitely aren’t Lincoln.
    Good post and I agree.

The hoof ball is tongue in cheek and you are a tough team to beat. Most Cov wanted County simply because of the ticket allocations and locality, there was also a feeling that the 2-1 loss at your place was hardly convincing.

Your goal the other night was well taken, be it Grimmer made a really bad error. Nolan got the tactics right on the night and I would agree it was a professional performance. I think one of your previous posters said Cov play pretty football...and yes we do try and play it on the ground but we have been bullied a number of times this season and the physical side to your play and our lack of experience in the team could be pivotal on the night.

I guess the challenge for you guys is to keep Tom Bayliss and Mcnulty quiet.
    Last edited by Cov1; 16-05-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Ahhh this is better. Some fairly well balanced posts from either side.
    Coventry, like a few in League 2 will try and play from the back, they also have players that can hurt the opposition (in this case us), Bayliss and McNulty are very good, too good for League 2.
    We also have players that Coventry should be mindful of, if Grant gets to his pre Xmas form he is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Division, Forte (who I have on multiple other threads said he is lazy and not good enough) has been sensational on the run in and seems to like playing against Coventry.
    Friday is too close to call, both teams are capable of hammering the other, both have a collapse in them (Against Mansfield for us and Yeovil for Coventry). Obviously I would side with us, and my basis would be our imperious home form. I am looking forward to the game with excitement and nerves and looking forward to an electric atmosphere.
    My last hope is that Darren Drysdale doesn’t impact the game!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast