+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abel Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Yeah but 40gs of that is compensation for having to live in Hull
    But he'll be looking 100g's if he has to live anywhere close to Marley

What Manchester ?

Might end up with Pablo abel and onel if we are to create a hernandez dynasty

would be a good signing, and a show of intent.

pigs might fly, any signing this summer will have to be looked up and read about , because none of the fans will have a clue about or even heard of them before. household names will definately not be on radrizaanis shopping list.

I don't understand why most people think that his potential signing is an impossibility - there is no transfer fee involved so even paying him 75k a week for the first year equates to less than 4 million pounds, would make perfect business sense to do this & then if we did't get promoted sell him on for a healthy profit.
    Just my take on it anyway.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    I don't understand why most people think that his potential signing is an impossibility - there is no transfer fee involved so even paying him 75k a week for the first year equates to less than 4 million pounds, would make perfect business sense to do this & then if we did't get promoted sell him on for a healthy profit.
    Just my take on it anyway.

MOT
    Not just a case of paying him £75k a week though is it? Precedent would then suggest that others (and boy do we need a few) would start to expect a similar wadge for their efforts.

And all this assumes he won't suffer further injury (once it happens, it tends to recur, thats the truth of the matter).

Here we go again - doomed before it even happens...

Didn't say that did I?

What I said was that if we met a single players demands for a £75k/week wage (or somewhere close), then others would be likely to expect similar, and I suspect that that would be a hard ask.

And as for injuries, yes, it's a fact, once a player gets an injury, that player is more likely to pick up more injuries, there are copious statistics that would show that to be the case. Take a punt on a player that will cost us £4 - 5m over the life of the contract, and hope he doesn't get crocked again? Fine if you can afford to take the chance, but we're not Scum, Chelski, Sh1tty or any other top 6 PL team, are we?

Anyway, heads I win, tails you lose, I'd be delighted if we get him and he turns out good, and vindicated in being cautious if we get him and he ends up crocked for a season!

Your last paragraph sums you up.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)