+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why does Ashley lack ambition

Why does Ashley lack ambition

In the entire decade Ashley has been here we have had more managers than in any other ten year period and apart from K.K. and Chris Hughton in the distant past none of them has been worthy of this club until the appointment of Rafa. In fact most of them have been outright rubbish and failures.

Any one with a modicom of sense can see that with two relegations and five close misses in other poor seasons that something must have been wrong over ten years.

Why didn't Ashley go for glory and carry on where Sir John and F.F.S. started us on. Had he done this he and the club would have been more successful, made more money and probably had at least some seasons of European football.

We even have at the helm a man the managers have to negotiate with and answer to who knows entirely zilch about the game.

Had Ashley started his tenure by keeping his promises and using a bit of ambition and then gone on to sell the club after ten years he could well have had a viable and valuable product that buyers would be queuing up to take off his hands.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 16-05-2018 at 07:49 PM.

He probably looked at Leeds, Portsmouth, etc

I'd say he is a very ambitious individual. Just not in a footballing way. Financially ambitious, yes. Ambitious for power and control, sure. Ambitious at the eat all you can carvery, absolutely.

Football is just not important enough to him I guess so its fair to say that he was a dkhead for buying us to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    He probably looked at Leeds, Portsmouth, etc
    Well you have to give him credit for attempting to reduce us to their level.

Wait until the fat slug eventually leaves.How long that will be I don't know.Then we will all see what he has taken out of the club.How much he has made and how much he has ripped us off by.Cant wait for that day.
    Maybe that's the reason he keeps upping the price.He doesn't want to sell just says so because he doesn't want the truth to come out.
    Will be like the false death threats to his family which he later admitted didn't happen.Be like when he tried to silence Keegan who exposed him for the lying fat weasel that he is.
    He is just a fat southern wideboy whose own parents can't stand the sight of him.He even ripped them off.So any supporter here that defends him is a mackem as far as I am concerned.

Surely even Mackem's wouldn't be so sad or so evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Wait until the fat slug eventually leaves.How long that will be I don't know.Then we will all see what he has taken out of the club.How much he has made and how much he has ripped us off by.Cant wait for that day.
    Maybe that's the reason he keeps upping the price.He doesn't want to sell just says so because he doesn't want the truth to come out.
    Will be like the false death threats to his family which he later admitted didn't happen.Be like when he tried to silence Keegan who exposed him for the lying fat weasel that he is.
    He is just a fat southern wideboy whose own parents can't stand the sight of him.He even ripped them off.So any supporter here that defends him is a mackem as far as I am concerned.
    What he and Pardew did to Jonas when he had cancer was disgraceful too!!! The man is a leach, sucking everything out of this club, whether that's money, ambition, fans hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    What he and Pardew did to Jonas when he had cancer was disgraceful too!!! The man is a leach, sucking everything out of this club, whether that's money, ambition, fans hope.
    100% agree with the comments and I know a load of Toon fans and they all dispise Jabba the Warehouse

I will be out on the lash the day we rid the club of this cancerous regime.

I don't think he's as bad for the club as some are making out. What frustrates the f*ck out of me is his lack of ambition for us. I can understand some of his financial 'tightness' up to a couple of seasons ago, but now, with Rafa and the feeling around the city ( plus the resources he has) it's a no brainer to give some investment now and have a go to push on.

Otherwise he's got to be asking wtf he's doing as owner of a PL club?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)