+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: average wage bill

average wage bill

in the championship 36 million. average wage 16,000 per week.
    wilder as worked miracles with his pittance

he has twirls but he cant do it forever we have to be prepared to pay slightly higher salaries if we want success in the championship and attract better players

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    in the championship 36 million. average wage 16,000 per week.
    wilder as worked miracles with his pittance
    so wendys £25m wage bill means they are officially tinpot

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    he has twirls but he cant do it forever we have to be prepared to pay slightly higher salaries if we want success in the championship and attract better players
    totally agree pal. i do think he,ll get a bit for the quality we,ll need+ coutts back to fitness ,leonard and holmes a full pr season and we should hold our own again

yeah i agree with you twirls gotta funny feeling the meeting this week between our co owners will end up on a positive note with chris finding out his budget this summer mind still think brooks will be sold just hope we dont snatch the first offer we get for him lets play hardball for once

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    totally agree pal. i do think he,ll get a bit for the quality we,ll need+ coutts back to fitness ,leonard and holmes a full pr season and we should hold our own again

It took Coutts more than two years to get back to form following a less serious injury.
    We have to prepare for the fact that he might never be the same player again, and that means replacing him. If he comes back good then great, but I'm not sure it will happen for a long time.

Not sure where your figure comes from JJ, but all that really shows is that there are a lot of clubs prepared to have their pants taken down by has-beens and never-has-beens, prepared to run their businesses at significant losses.

These figures were produced a couple of years ago from all the club accounts. The big wage bills are almost all parachute payment clubs, I guess trying to get the big PL wage earners off the books, or to the end of their contracts as quickly as possible.

*Its interesting to see how many of the non-parachure payment clubs in the graph are still Championship clubs, despite the sums they've spent...

Name:  Ramble8JPG.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  57.6 KB

And then here's the other side of it...

Name:  Ramble1JPG.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  45.1 KB
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 17-05-2018 at 04:03 AM.

thing is i think while chris is in charge we wont be seeing the type of players looking for a final pay day and sponging the club as for brooks we could also get a win win situation by selling him for a good figure and maybe loaning him back for a season utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    It took Coutts more than two years to get back to form following a less serious injury.
    We have to prepare for the fact that he might never be the same player again, and that means replacing him. If he comes back good then great, but I'm not sure it will happen for a long time.
    JJ what meks ya think COUTTSY's last injury wasn't as serious (if not worse) as this latest one? This leg break was a clean break,so given his recovery time he shud be ok shunt he? The injury he had at Derby was a bad knee injury wasn't it? UTCB